December 5 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• sarge175
    sarge175 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes to all. B) 1.5 hrs at gym, leg day...20 min on elliptical. r977du1ysxwh.jpg
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    sarge175 wrote: »
    Yes to all. B) 1.5 hrs at gym, leg day...20 min on elliptical. r977du1ysxwh.jpg

Youtube video where Arnold originally lectured on this (just under 5 minutes long) The poster is the Coles Notes / Table of Contents list. Worth hearing / absorbing / applying the details.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EyhOmBPtGNM
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    December 5

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes. Jogging

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

All going along fine
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes and Yes. 5 days in a row is almost a record for me. Exercise yesterday was limited to a dog walk but I still managed to get out there :-)
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • egr5610
    egr5610 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes x3!

Exercice- 60 min yoga class with a friend and 6000 step dog walk to round off the day! It was the 1st moment where this challenge stepped in (haha) to motivate me to go outside and go something when I would have rather gone straight to bed!

Tracking - yes!

Calorie budget - yes!
  • FitAndLean_5738
    FitAndLean_5738 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 today. It's only been a handful of days and I'm already starting to feel so much better than when I ate whatever I wanted in unnecessarily large portions. Getting in 20 minutes of activity everyday has also helped with my stress which is such a blessing, especially around finals season.
  • peachpastries
    peachpastries Posts: 114 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Dec. 5

Exercise: Yes, loooots of walking
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

@RangerRickL such a sweet, cute couple!!
    @jan110144 your horse is so beautiful!
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,167 Member
    Options
    3Xyes
    Love your beautiful pic Rick. Thanks for sharing and inspiring
  • allyssa5
    allyssa5 Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    December 5th
    Exercised?: No, was a desk day and night
    Calories?: No, tried to pick healthier fast food option but didn't realize how much it was until after I logged it
    Tracked?: Yes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    12/5
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

Using MY FIRST PASS

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @sarge175 I'm OK with the Arnold Schwarzenegger 6 Rules of Success...but I will refrain from comment on the photo.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Date: 12/5
    Tracking: Yes.
    Calories: Yes.
    Exercise: Yes. Did not want to AT. ALL. But got on the stationary bike to close my rings.

n2bu6850sqfs.jpeg

@fitnessnessness2018
    It gets easier! I promise!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Dec 5
    Yes 3
    The exercise minutes are high by 15. The calories burned probably low (long story)
    Pleased I’m Continuing to eat less & I’m ending day with larger caloric deficit.

I’m going to go out on a limb here regarding “no forbidden foods.” I’m on this journey to maximize my health. So I do have forbidden foods (by the Txplant medical team): no buffets, no deli counter foods, no salad bars, no sushi or raw meats or eggs, no bacon or sausages or deli meats, no feta, blue cheese, Camembert, etc., no grapefruit.

The ones I’ve added: deep fried foods, things with refined sugar, white flour, processed foods, high sodium foods...

I probably allow myself 3-5 servings of these per Month, so they probably fall more in line with what you guys are saying.

The reasons I don’t eat them often at all:
    1) I love having great results on my medical labs. Cholesterol Bp triglycerides complete blood count etc. HA1C are all low-normal 🙏🏻

2) They trigger me to eat more. If I don’t eat them (except rarely in small amounts), they don’t seem to trigger my appetite and/or my cravings. I no as long as I don’t have those, I can remain slim. Small price to pay!

I watched a video about what do successful maintainers do. And one was “sustained cognitively reduced caloric intake.” And folks use many different methods to do this. Some restrict the times the can eat (IF), some eliminate or reduce food groups, some restrict calories per day, and some restrict trigger foods, etc. my feeling is we each figure out a combination of strategies what work for us!!

For me, it’s some restrictions, eating only if I have a 350 or more caloric deficit, eating the same 650-700 calorie breakfast daily at the same time, 500-600 Active calories per day, lots of water/tea, gratefulness, 3 meals per day, eating mindfully, small plates.

unsalted nuts, apples, berries, non-fat decaf lattes, Ezekiel Sesame bread, 82% dark chocolate, lean meats, fish, veggies, greens.

ei11pckw2v14.png
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Do you have a link to this video? I might like to watch “sustained cognitively reduced caloric intake.” I agree that "folks use many different methods to do this. Some restrict the times the can eat (IF), some eliminate or reduce food groups, some restrict calories per day, and some restrict trigger foods, etc. my feeling is we each figure out a combination of strategies what work for us!!"
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Do you have a link to this video? I might like to watch “sustained cognitively reduced caloric intake.” I agree that "folks use many different methods to do this. Some restrict the times the can eat (IF), some eliminate or reduce food groups, some restrict calories per day, and some restrict trigger foods, etc. my feeling is we each figure out a combination of strategies what work for us!!"

@w8goal4life
    I saw it through a discussion group about 2-6 months ago. Tried searching for it. Needle in haystack, but I’ll keep looking!

• ld8628
    ld8628 Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I already logged..whoops
  • bubblegum2fitness
    bubblegum2fitness Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 walking