Do/did you sleep with a body pillow?

Options
I've been looking online for a maternity body pillow now that sleeping is starting to become an issue. Right now I am just using a regular pillow between my legs, but I still wake up every morning with a sore back. This is my first baby and am hoping that a good quality one will last through my (hopefully!) next pregnancy some time in the future.

Every site I go to seems to have different ratings/prices for the same pillows and now I am just lost!

Anyway, do/did you use one? Which one?

Would you recommend it?

Replies

• kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Fifth baby and I have two pillows for my head to help take weight off the shoulder I'm sleeping on - one pillow under the bump to stop the bump pulling me forward and then another pillow between my knees and ankles to try and keep everything aligned! When the bump is huge and heavy I then have to have another pillow behind me to stop me rolling on to my back, otherwise I wake up with dead legs! The joys of pregnancy!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm only starting week 24 and am not really big yet.... So far it's been one pillow under my head, a body pillow behind me to keep me from rolling onto my back--which is my natural sleeping position (works sometimes, anyway), and a little travel pillow under my belly. It's worked up until now.

The body pillow was a cheap one from Target and I sometimes use it from my ankles up and it works very well. It's just a pain to maneuver around when I need to wake up in the middle of the night, so I find the small one in front works better.

(Just remembered.... my friend needed one really badly and her doctor was actually able to prescribe one from a medical supply store, and the insurance paid for it. Food for thought, depending on your insurance....)
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Boppy has a maternity support pillow that curves around your belly and cushions between your knees. It helps so much more than my regular body pillow does! It really helps with back pain, plus it's smaller than the body pillow and easier to roll over with it in the night.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    yes! I got a body pillow for my first pregnancy and have been sleeping with it ever since. Best investment ever. Here is a link to the one i have.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A0M3LI/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I got it about 3 yrs ago and its gone up in price since, but definitely still worth it.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have been using mine for a while already (32 weeks now) it's totally a necessity!
    I have the one from bed bath and beyond- got it a few yrs ago when i was pregnant with my oldest but I think they still have them and they're around $20. Best thing ever!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Every night- it might be the love of my life:love:
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Every night- it might be the love of my life:love:

^^ This... and my husband is growing found of it too!! LOL

I'm 34 w and using a generic one from Target along with my king size pillow on the other side. I feel like I have bumpers around me...lol
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I bought the snoogle pillow and cannot fall asleep with it for the life of me! So I use a pillow under my head, a king size pillow between my legs and partially tucked under my bellow and another pillow behind me. I wish the snoogle worked for me but it just doesn't!
  • TinaBean007
    Options
    Also, don't forget to put the pillow between your knees AND ankles! This might sound obvious, but I didn't know that until the Dr told me....LOL.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I have a snoogle and it is going to be in the bed with me untl the day I die. Seriously, you will have to rip it from my cold dead hands. Best investment ever.....I got it at Burlington Coat Factory for like 20 bucks. So much better than the boppy.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am 35+ weeks 5th preg and never used a body pillow, I only use an extra pillow between my legs. Easy to turn over with... it works for me, in some of my other preg, I used a small decorative pillow for my belly but so far not use in this one (I am much more fit and healthy for this one, stronger muscles I guess).
  • lizamarcia
    lizamarcia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 29 weeks pregnant and have used a normal body pillow since early on in my pregnancy. I looked at all the different options - the snoogle, boppy, etc., but decided a regular body pillow would do the job just fine. Like some of the other ladies, my husband has become quite fond of it too!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty standard body pillow that DH bought me off of Amazon for $20. I never used one in my previous pregnancies, but this time around my hips were hurting and I read that a body pillow would help. I have no pain if I sleep with my pillow (and I regret it if I don't), but I don't love the thing. It's cumbersome, especially when I want to roll over in bed. I'll be happy when I don't need it anymore.
  • TinaBean007
    Options
    I have a pretty standard body pillow that DH bought me off of Amazon for $20. I never used one in my previous pregnancies, but this time around my hips were hurting and I read that a body pillow would help. I have no pain if I sleep with my pillow (and I regret it if I don't), but I don't love the thing. It's cumbersome, especially when I want to roll over in bed. I'll be happy when I don't need it anymore.

I agree. Although I can't live without my pillows now, I'll be so glad when I don't need them. Rolling over is a major event these days.