paleo?

Options
berrieblu
berrieblu Posts: 15 Member
is anybody else either on or considering a paleo diet? if you don't know what that is, it essentially means going back to basics and eating the types of foods that would have been available in paleolithic times. meat, veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds, some oils, and some people also eat small amounts of dairy. no added sugars, no processed foods, and no grains.

my husband and i have been talking about doing it so i'm wondering what others think or have experienced with this type of diet.

and no, we're not talking about doing it "until we lose the weight" - we're talking about switching to this type of diet indefinitely.

thanks guys!

Replies

• sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have been following a 90/10 Paleo/Primal plan for about a year - it's been such an amazing, eye opening experience for me - plus I've lost about 75 pounds!. I started with a Whole 30 to quickly kick cravings and find out what my food sensitivities are. There is Paleo/Primal support group on MFP with a ton of helpful information.recipes, tips, and like minded people

If you haven't read "It All Starts With Food", I would strongly recommend you read this - it is a very good read and really informative. It was written by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig, the people who began the Whole 30 challenge - http://whole9life.com/start/

Good luck!