TIPS?

Options
NancyFOT
NancyFOT Posts: 1 Member
A year ago, I had a life challenge. I decided make one change every six weeks and to start putting myself first and take care of me. My first change was giving up my four double-double coffee habit. Instead, I swapped it out with a one coffee/ no cream/ 1.5 sugar (made at home instead of the local coffee shop - Tim Horton's) so I wasn't tempted by all of the donuts/ treats. I substituted my break-time walk to the coffee shop with a walk in another direction to get away from my desk for fifteen minutes. That first change resulted in shedding 9 lbs...
My second change was adding my fitnesspal to my program. When I log my food, I gained more success and when I added exercise at the thirteen week mark, I continued to succeed.
Recently, I have had more stress and I started to gain some of the weight I shed. I just can't go back to the cycle... I need to maintain the positive process of being healthy.

Replies

• Susie1373
    Susie1373 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have fought weight all my life. Biggest success was staying below 190 lbs for the last 20 years. Last July I retired at the age of 71 and am really struggling with a weight gain of 20 lbs. started a positive New Years resolution last week. I too need to focus on healthy daily choices in exercise and food choices. Good luck to you. Plan to check in daily to see how this new group is doing
  • EmieJSF
    EmieJSF Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    NancyFOT wrote: »
    A year ago, I had a life challenge. I decided make one change every six weeks and to start putting myself first and take care of me. My first change was giving up my four double-double coffee habit. Instead, I swapped it out with a one coffee/ no cream/ 1.5 sugar (made at home instead of the local coffee shop - Tim Horton's) so I wasn't tempted by all of the donuts/ treats. I substituted my break-time walk to the coffee shop with a walk in another direction to get away from my desk for fifteen minutes. That first change resulted in shedding 9 lbs...
    My second change was adding my fitnesspal to my program. When I log my food, I gained more success and when I added exercise at the thirteen week mark, I continued to succeed.
    Recently, I have had more stress and I started to gain some of the weight I shed. I just can't go back to the cycle... I need to maintain the positive process of being healthy.

Sounds like you've been doing a great job of taking control of your weight so far! It sucks to hear you've been dealing with extra stress, this time of year does that for a lot of people. And I'll be the first to say that my mental state typically has the biggest effect on my success...err lack of.

The first question that comes to mind is what's changed since youve been dealing with the stress? Diet and exercise still the same?

How are you dealing with the stress? Personally, I've turned to food and other bad habits a lot when dealing with stress, depression, etc. Might need to explore stress reducing or relaxation methods that are healthy...