Introducing myself

Options
dommylifts
dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
Hello! I’ve been doing crossfit approximately four years. My favorite lift is a tie between the clean and the snatch. I absolutely love double unders and box jumps, I could do them al day. I’m terrible at handstand push ups and I dread seeing them. I despise thrusters and wall balls ☺️ I’m excited to have found this group! Happy 2019

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Noticed nobody responded.
    Sorry. This group used to a bit more active. But it was never overwhelmingly so.
    My son does Crossfit so I go with him whenever he is home from school. Otherwise, I am mostly a runner and tennis player. But he's home, so I have been going this past week or so.
    My favorite movements are those that do not require a developed skill, for obvious reasons. I mean, I'd rather do box jumps or burpees than jumping rope or anything on the rings...for obvious reasons.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    dommylifts wrote: »
    Hello! I’ve been doing crossfit approximately four years. My favorite lift is a tie between the clean and the snatch. I absolutely love double unders and box jumps, I could do them al day. I’m terrible at handstand push ups and I dread seeing them. I despise thrusters and wall balls ☺️ I’m excited to have found this group! Happy 2019
    Hello and Welcome. Like the previous poster said this group used to be a lot more interactive but that’s seem to have faded away. Well I’m from Texas and I’ve been doing it maybe 5-6 years now. My favorite moves are deadlifts and cleans. I hate any lift that has the word squat in it. Example, I love cleans but hate squat cleans. My knees are not the best and it take a lot of stretching and icyhot to get them ready.

I had to take some time off due to the cartilage ominous my patella tendon wearing down but now I’m back and take it slow and easy.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I hope the info is useful. You'll usually get a response here but it might not be that quick.

Shay, sorry to hear about your knees. I have one good one and one that had the ACL reconstructed along with two menisectomies. That knee is starting to get a wee bit creaky. Not really limiting me once I get warmed up but sore afterwards. A knee sleeve helps a lot getting it warm and loose.

I'm 48 going on 49 in April and I've accepted that long warmups and some dedicated stretching routines/yoga are going to need to become part of me permanent routine if I want to continue with CF.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    Welcome to the group. I hope the info is useful. You'll usually get a response here but it might not be that quick.

Shay, sorry to hear about your knees. I have one good one and one that had the ACL reconstructed along with two menisectomies. That knee is starting to get a wee bit creaky. Not really limiting me once I get warmed up but sore afterwards. A knee sleeve helps a lot getting it warm and loose.

I'm 48 going on 49 in April and I've accepted that long warmups and some dedicated stretching routines/yoga are going to need to become part of me permanent routine if I want to continue with CF.

Ouch that’s a lot of knee damage. Glad you’re still able to move around. I’m starting to make sure I get a nice warm up in before I start to workout.