Junk.

Options
So - what are we actually classing as junk? Is this down topersonal preference? I am kinda leaning towards no junky snacks, but not forcing myself to eat super clean meals.

Is that the general idea? My main issue is bags of crisps and biscuits.

Replies

• frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i think its really personal

for some its sweets

for me its salt, chips, and pretzels and crackers

i guess it depends on how you define junk and whatever that is, stay away
  • MsWallwoman
    Options
    Yes I believe what is classed as "junk" is up to the individual. For me it is...
    Baked goods
    Candies
    Icecream and whipped cream
    Chocolates
    Cookies
    Chips
    Pizza
    Chinese food
    ... Anything processed.
    If it comes in a box or bag it is probably "junk". Lol.
  • Kyllosis
    Kyllosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Take out food, chocolate, candy, biscuits, muffins, ice cream.. :)
  • kdv160
    kdv160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Junk for me is:

Cereal
    Cake
    Candy
    pizza
    cheese curls
    cookies
    chocolate
    potato chips

Stuff like that. Notice it all starts with C's and P's...lol. Starting tomorrow since I didn't see this group until just now.
  • Choccomonster
    Options
    So - what are we actually classing as junk? Is this down topersonal preference? I am kinda leaning towards no junky snacks, but not forcing myself to eat super clean meals.

Is that the general idea? My main issue is bags of crisps and biscuits.

It's totally up to you! I think everyone will have a similar list but there might be certain things that are really hard to go without for some people, or some people might be more strict about what they consider junk.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Junk for me is
    cookies
    cake
    ice cream
    chocolate
    potato chips

that said, if I have room at the end of the day for an ice cream sandwich and it fits in my macros, it's not junk, it's a snack. It's the one turning into the entire box that has been the problem in the past.
  • millielosesweight
    millielosesweight Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For me, junk is like chocolate, crisps, any fast food, biscuits, cakes, pastries, cheese in large quantities, ice cream, any takeaways...
    I'm classing chips as a junk food if they are from any other fast food chain, but oven chips are fine. :)
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ^Hurray for oven chips!

Sweets = junk food. I feel super dirty after I eat a sugar-laden snack, and I get these massive cravings. I'm pretty sure I'm already a sugar addict. Spam, canned meats are totes fine by me, although I'm trying to lay off them too.