Weight loss for dysphoria and maybe top surgery

Options
ekritter7
ekritter7 Posts: 26 Member
I'm AFAB and non-binary. I'm currently way overweight - the heaviest I've ever been. My dysphoria is driving me insane. I hate being so curvy and big. I want to be more toned and slim. I want less hip and gut and more muscles.

Additionally, I want to get top surgery some year and I'm under the impression that most surgeons won't operate if you're too far from a healthy weight range because it increases your risks of complications during surgery.

So here I am - I'm trying to get healthier and stop bingeing so I can feel better in my body and maybe someday get top surgery. If you can relate, let me know. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the healthier life journey!!! More muscles require strength training of some sort, either weights or body weight. It sounds like you are already working on the consumption control, so keep it up!!!
  • EmeraldCity70
    EmeraldCity70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. A few of my friends have had top surgery. Two non-binary and were at a healthy weight and one trans who was overweight. I think surgeons advise to be healthy weight for best outcomes. I think you've come to the right place ekritter7. I'm hoping I have any way. I'm interested to see how we all progress....
  • washoff
    washoff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel you so hard. Feel free to add me. I'm NB and can't stand it when I look more curvy. :-/
  • RhaegarWolf
    RhaegarWolf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had top surgery and was overweight at the time, still am, though slightly less so. Some surgeons do have a BMI cutoff, but not all do. There are a few slightly higher risks with surgery when overweight, but the main thing is how it can effect the aesthetic results. As far as medical risks, all sorts of surgeons operate on larger folx all the time, and knowing how to tweak anesthetic protocols for that is something a surgeon should be well familiar with.