Anyone riding a SS HT 29er?

Options
jacksonpt
jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
I'm looking to sell my 29er race bike and replace it with a slacker geo SS rig. Anyone riding anything like that? Whatcha got? How do you like it?

Just trying to get some more action/traffic in this forum...

I'm currently looking at:
- niner ros 9
- ventana el comandante
- transition transam 29
- canfield nimble 9 (leading candidate at this point)

Replies

• krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A buddy of mine rides a carbon superfly that he singled up, he likes it.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    A few guys I ride with on occasion have SS HT 29ers. I think most of them are very please but this also isn't their primary bikes. Are you set on SS? A lot of guys around here are running 1x10 to give some gearing options. I am ALL for HT. I think HT's carry momentum and with the larger wheels it acts as suspension
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    A few guys I ride with on occasion have SS HT 29ers. I think most of them are very please but this also isn't their primary bikes. Are you set on SS? A lot of guys around here are running 1x10 to give some gearing options. I am ALL for HT. I think HT's carry momentum and with the larger wheels it acts as suspension

Yes, I'm set on SS (though changeable dropouts are great so I can add gears for racing, if I so choose)... but yes, I'll be riding this SS 99% of the time. If I want gears, I'll ride my geared bike.
  • patrickblo13
    Options

Yes, I'm set on SS (though changeable dropouts are great so I can add gears for racing, if I so choose)... but yes, I'll be riding this SS 99% of the time. If I want gears, I'll ride my geared bike.

Good point...either way I don't think you will be disappointed. Light weight, low maintenance. All of the bikes you listed are really nice...are you building or buying complete?
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Probably buidling, but it'll depend on how many parts I have laying around (and that will fit the new frame) once I sell my race bike.
  • patrickblo13
    Options
    Check out X-Fusion forks if you replace your fork....I have been hearing good things about them
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I ride a Canondale SS 29ER (rigid) rather a lot :)

I alternate with my 26ER HT 30spd mountain bike and often find myself grabbing the 29ER just because it rides like a big BMX ;)

I love the thing....