This skinny fat girl is starting Paleo..

Options
llfretwell
llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
Today! I officially start the Paleo lifestyle today! I have realized that this type of diet (High protein and fat, lower carb) is what my skinny fat body needs! My mother in law has EASILY lost 27 lbs. and has never been healthier! I am excited to lose this skinny-fatness!!!!! Anyone else on the Paleo bandwagon??

Replies

• Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Paleo, but from what I've heard, if you are going to do Paleo or any very low carb diet, unless you take the carbs out of your diet gradually, you can expect to get "carb flu" and feel awful until your body gets used to it.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-flu/#axzz2bsFhTG6M
  • melba_321
    melba_321 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm doing something similar, but not exactly Paleo. I pretty much stay away from grains and definitely stay away from gluten. For fats, I'm getting mine mainly from organic EV coconut oil, but also from fish, EVOO (only used unheated) & avocado. I'm a little bit on the fence when it come to animal fats...if it was easier to find truly free range, organic (free of hormones, antibiotics, etc...) then I'd be more willing to use lard, tallow and butter. Generally, I eat way more veggies than fruits and eat some seeds like hemp, chia and flax and some nuts, especially almonds and cashews. Most fish, shellfish, poultry & meats I will eat, but rarely eat eggs...yet love cheese. So, it's a bit similar, but not completely Paleo. I guess it's more of a hybrid between Atkins, South Beach, Paleo and Primal...without "step" restrictions.