I think these two Groups need a reboot don't they?

Options
cloggsy71
cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
I think this and the 'Bicycling - Road and Mountain' group need a bit of a reboot don't they; they seem to have gone a bit cold...

Can we start using them to engage potential new cyclists again do you think or are they beyond fixing now?

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    I'm really, really sorry Clive - i've just not had the time or the heart (unintentional pun that's a little close to the mark...) to get involved and keep stirring the pot in here mate... After buggerlugs spat his dummy and killed off the grand tours, I very nearly walked away from the whole lot... That said, 2019 is the biggest year ever for Yorkshire and Cycling, and I think we really, REALLY need to get behind it, and us folk from gods own County should do SOMETHING to push the boat out.

Problem is, i've kind of run out of ideas - The Classics still works, thanks to Steve's hard work on the reporting, and it's format is still pretty much successful even if it's largely unchanged apart from adding the semi-classics in. But the "killer attraction" was always the Grand Tours.

Can anyone come up with a "themed" short-tour format for the TdY ??? Over 2nd to 5th May...

Doncaster > Selby
    Barnsley > Bedale (that's one for you Clive...)
    Bridlington > Scarborough
    Halifax > Leeds

My initial (slightly cliche'd take) would be

short tour, individual riders (or maybe "yorkshire" vs "the world" as teams) - aggregate distance, time and ascent ???

But WTF to do for the Worlds in Sept (22-29) ???