Bump your TDEE 8/12

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure

This is the amount of calories your body burns in a 24 hour period. This is regulating your body temperature, sleeping, cleaning, walking, exercising, even the act of eating is burning calories that goes towards your Total daily Energy Expenditure, or TDEE. Today's goal is to do something more active than you usually are to increase your TDEE. Go on a walk that you normally wouldn't. Clean your house a bit more than usual. Sit on a yoga ball instead of a chair. Bounce around in your chair and generally fidget more. All of things will increase your TDEE. And all of these things burn calories. Give it a shot.

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I cleaned the house and boy did I NOT want to!
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Today I gutted the laundry room.....4 garbage bags,2 boxes later and well now getting ready to tackle 80 uphill stairs to get to a beautiful site to watch a shower of shooting stars . Also going on a short hike before dark to get a geocache .So many things today for me !!
  • brittnidoan
    Options
    Did 1/2 hour of Zumba today.....I LOVE TO DANCE! ;)
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Today I gutted the laundry room.....4 garbage bags,2 boxes later and well now getting ready to tackle 80 uphill stairs to get to a beautiful site to watch a shower of shooting stars . Also going on a short hike before dark to get a geocache .So many things today for me !!

If you have a smartphone there's some semi-new geocache portal game you can play. Every time you pass through a user created "portal" you get a point and if the portal gets enough points from your team you win the portal. I wish I could remember the name of it.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Today I started my DDP Yoga program. I haven't done any exercise videos in over 2 months.

14877786.png
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Today I started my DDP Yoga program. I haven't done any exercise videos in over 2 months.

14877786.png

I'll have to hear how that goes. I've heard about the DDP yoga, but never looked into it.

Edit: And now your username makes a little more sense.
    http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Hardyz-jeff-hardy-726767_1280_1024.jpg
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Today I am getting back to my wii fit and beginning my free step. I am not a lover of it ,but motivation to become a healthier me not only begins with healthy eating and walking but with other fairly easy exercise when my chronic pain is under control. Time to quit making excuses when I feel well, That's along with all the housework left to complete today.
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Find active things you like to do and you'll be more likely to do them. :wink:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was hastily cleaning the house in 90+ degree weather with 99% humidity for the A/C guy to come in and fix A/C then running up and down stairs to turn the unit off, go back outside where A/C guy was working on unit until he said to turn on, then back in to turn on, back out for instruction, back in to turn off, ect. Then languish in 90+ degree weather with 99% humidity until dance class because could not turn air on for 4 hours, 1 hour of bellydance then up the stairs to turn the thermostat on then down the stairs to check to make sure outside unit working then up the stairs to make sure working correctly inside

....Today should be easy it's Wild Wednesday Workout day: 1 Hour RPM, 1 Hour Athletic Conditioning