Term 8

Options
jgundz
jgundz Posts: 2,735 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
Week 1: Home Sweet Ilvermorny

Looking out to the sweeping landscape ahead, autumn’s reds, browns, and yellows covered the trees, and the ground.

“It’s rather apt for autumn’s other name to be fall considering that’s what all of the leaves are doing right now…” sinnybri noted.

As a gentle breeze blew, more leaves swirled around the company present. It was time to make the trek up the mountain. Several new faces were seen in the crowd, and of course the veteran faces from terms past.

“I don’t suppose you’ve set the floo up this term,” The313 stated.

“Nor the portkey,” DanielleFayeS said bluntly.

“And you’re gonna make us trek up this thing,” storytelinor added

“Because, yes tradition,” hapamama23 interrupted.

All in the area chuckled, as this was a time honored tradition, from the 1st witches and wizards who decided to make their way up the mountain to establish Ilvermorny.

“You know there’s always more than one path to take to get up the mountain,” Proff Dixie noted.

“Indeed, there’s of course the straight path up, the longer more scenic route, you could take one of the canoes and paddle up stream, or swim up it if you’re feeling daring.” Professor Tahm winked turning into a dolphin and jumping into the nearby river swimming upstream.

The staff chuckled as Professor Tahm proceeded to swim upstream with some rather excited students using this as a new mode of transport.

“Well, that’s one way to get there.” SylviazSpirit observed, as they continued walking.

mrmcgrath was leading a particularly large group of first years up the scenic route when they happened upon a cave they didn’t recognize. The group stopped to investigate.

“I wish we had wands, lumos would work well now.” orngnerdz murmured. kdv12 pulled out a muggle flashlight and clicked the on switch. As they shone in into the cave they noticed movement. A moment late a swarm of bats flew over their heads and out of the cave. The group quickly ducked.

“Arriving at Ilvermorny is never dull.” coop925 said as they straightened themselves and resumed the trek up the hill.

As groups of students filed into the castle, they were greeted with the wafting scents of homemade cooking.

“Grandmam’s been cooking again!” MelonPaul called excitedly, rushing through the crowd into the Great Hall, which was filled with its usual round tables.

“Where do the first years sit?” mseckley asked Saerapine. Saeraphine smiled in return.

“Wherever you’d like.” westpancake said with a gesture to the many round tables throughout the room that were getting filled with students from all houses. “We don’t separate students by house at meals, we encourage inter-house unity.”

As the students sat down at the tables throughout the Great Hall, robes of blue and cranberry meld everyone together with no apparent division. Professors tahm and kiri make sure that all of the students have taken their seats.

Beaming with bright smile, Grandmam comes out of the kitchen with a few other Pukwudgies carrying a few different dishes and distributes them around the great hall.

“Grandmam loves cooking, and she’s really good at it,” theresam68 whispers to katiedragonperras and queencat135 sitting nearby.

“We have some new pies for everyone to try! I do love making pies!” Grandmam says popping directly up next to the trio as if she hadn’t heard their every word, but smirking right after leaving a savory smelling pie right under their noses.

“I wish I could be as happy as Grandmam is when it comes to cooking, for any of my hobbies.” zindroth mused.

“Really , I think she just loves experimenting with the food and having so many willing individuals to be taste subjects,” BeeQueen2016 chuckled.

Following a sumptuous feast, the staff began to hand out a small plain brown book to each of the students. Upon opening the pages, it is noted that all of the pages are blank.

Looking confused at the staff, redversustheblue asks “What is this for?”

“These will be your supplementary DADA lesson books for the term,” Professor Kiri elaborated. “Durmstrang’s DADA instructor was kind enough to tell us about these supplementary lesson books that they give their students at the beginning of each year. We’ve tweaked them a bit to be a bit more like Mahoutokoro by having them change their color as you progress with your lessons.”

“The plain brown was just too bland. You’ll be able to see colors permeate the books as you move forward” Professor jgundz pointed out.

“What colors will they be?” ka97 requested.

“Hmm, well, you’ll just have to see,” Professor tahm winked.

“I suppose we should set up for a history lesson on beings vs beasts before you all go off and get your wands and are sorted.” Wand Maester Yume posed.

“With all of the chaos two terms ago, it should definitely be of note for the new students. Ilvermorny is considered a safe habitat for multiple magical creatures. Some of these creatures and beings you’ll find around the castle grounds such as dragons, sheep,” Professor Jgundz started noticing some rather curious looks.

“We’ll talk about the Sheep situation on another day, but really around here anything could be considered magical,” Professor Tahm offered.

“Indeed,” Professor Jgundz continued, “where was I? Oh, yes, as state Ilvermorny is considered a safe habitat for all magical creatures.”

“What makes it a safe habitat?” kwitherspoon19 questioned. Professor jgundz smiled.

“Well, for starters, the fact that we have made it unplottable is a big piece of this, as it helps keep the secrecy act in tact. Anyway, as I was saying, sheep, imps, demiguises, pixies, merpeople, merkitty, pukwudgies, wampii, and so forth. The definition of "Being" has had a long and troubled history. In the fourteenth century, Burdock Muldoon, Chief of the Wizards' Council, attempted to define Beings as any member of the magical community that walked on two legs. And that worked about as well as you can imagine. Goblins had brought with them every creature they could find with two legs, including Diricawls, Augureys, Fwoopers, Pixies, Fairies, and Trolls, and the summit descended into chaos when the Trolls started to destroy the chamber with their clubs,” causing a few chuckles to resonate around the room.

“The next attempt, redefined Beings as those that could speak the Human tongue. However, this was still a problem.. Trolls were still classed as Beings since they could be taught the Human tongue, and Jarveys were in attendance. The Centaurs were furious as the Merpeople were excluded, as Mermish cannot be understood above water. And Ghosts, who had not been classed as Beings left in disgust at the attempts emphasis on matters of the living over matters of the dead. They are attempting to redefine this again with the next meeting set to occur early next century after 1800. “ Professor Jgundz further refined.

“We’re curious as to what the committee will say in the next iteration. I do hope they include the merpeople this go around.” katsheare states.

“Yeah, I’m thinking that the merpeople and centaurs will stick together and say to ‘eff,” Professor Yume starts pausing at the looks of the other staff.

“Regardless, Ilvermorny is a safe place for all magical creatures. Even according to the current magical law standards. First years, be sure to meet with me before going out for the night” Professor Yume smirked as she placed a scroll in her robe.

Replies

• jgundz
    Options
    Week 2: I'm not feeling too well..

Newly sorted students joined their new house mates wand in hand. Noticing that the 1st year students were feeling a little daunted, the older students decided to more formally introduce themselves and the new students did so as well in turn.

As the students began to settle in, the staff begins to discuss what to do with the most recent “gift” from MACUSA.

“So the minister said it was a communication and transportation mirror?” Professor Tahm said looking at the long ornate silver mirror.

“It’s rather pretty I must say, look at all of the opal, coral, and pink tourmaline embedded in the engravings.” Professor Kiri replied while admiring the handiwork.

“Would’ve been better if it was green stones,” Professor Yume replied coolly flicking one of the pink stones in distaste..

“Well you would say that given your snakey roots,” Professor tahm chuckled.

“Not to complain, but why would they give us something this...expensive looking? I mean it looks like an old antique family heirloom. What is this for again?” Professor kiri asked grazing her finger along the silvers edges.

“This mirror is a communication mirror and portkey of sorts. You can talk to the minister through this mirror, or you can travel to the ministry by stepping through. The minister said he wanted you to put it in a place of easy access within Ilvermorny. It was donated by a ministry member’s great aunt or something a few years ago, and by that means it was free for them to use, and they’ve wanted to peak in on you guys ever since, well, everything” Representative Saeraphine chuckled lightly.

“I’m guessing that means that they can come through whenever they want then.” Professor Dixie commented

“Yeah, that’s the way it works. However, that’s not to say that you can’t charm it to warn when someone is stepping through, traps when someone goes through without permission or a code, or that you can’t do all the above and place it somewhere easily accessible on the edge of the grounds with multiple wards surrounding it,” Representative Saeraphine noted with a smirk.

“Well, we could build an office on the edge of the castle and set some wards and charms and place it in there. Say it’s one of the meeting offices for the staff.” HM jgundz posited.

“We can try and set this up in the morning I suppose while having it charmed to not do anything overnight,” Professor kiri said charming the mirror while looking rather gaunt in her face suddenly.

“Are you feeling alright kiri?”HM jgundz asked walking down the hall to the common room touching her shoulder gently as Professor Yume touched her forehead.

“Yeah, I just don’t feel well suddenly. Just feel really drained and tired. Maybe I had too much of Grandmam’s pie and it’s hitting me suddenly or the ragweed is still in my hair, or both. It’s not the first time it’s happened. I thought I controlled myself really well on her pies,” Professor kiri sighed.

“You feel a little warm, so maybe you caught something,” Professor Yume offered.

“I’m not feeling so great myself now either,” Professor Tahm noted with a sigh of malaise.

“Let’s all go back to our common areas. Maybe Grandmam is still up and would be willing to make some soup or something immune boosting for us.” Professor Yume mused

“I don’t know if Grandmam actually sleeps, outside of her afternoon siesta to be honest.” Professor Dixie chuckled.

The staff retreated to each of their common rooms to rest, with Professors Dixie and Yume making their way to Grandmam’s quarters to ask for some soothing items for the sick Professors. Professor Yume returned to the Horned Serpent common room and entered the Headmistress’ quarters with some calming tea, as she also had become ill. Professor Dixie made her way to Professor Kiri’s quarters in Thunderbird’s tower with some of the same. Grandmam was going to hand deliver the tea to her favorite Pukwudgie Professor Tahm.

The Wand Maester went through to the Horned Serpent common room, students peaked in on the sick headmistress bringing their own forms of things to help them get well.

“Here is some of my family’s special pepper-up potion,” orngnerdz offered.

“Yeah, and I have an unending soothing cloth. Guaranteed to stay cool for a full day.” katsheare passing the cloth to the Wand Maester.

The HM looks out to the students proffering various things to make her feel better smiles.
    “Thank you for all of this. Please hand those to Yume. Seems like she can’t catch whatever this is, and I don’t want to get any of you sick.”

Placing a cooling rag on her forehead and drinking a portion of the pepper-up potion she feels a bit better.

“That pepper-up potion, helped me feel like I had gotten something off of my chest. Whatever this is, it makes it feel heavier than normal.” The HM groaned.

In another part of the castle….

Professor DixieHealthy2015 has with her a steaming cup of Grandmam’s special tea. She is accompanied by a few Wampus students GrandmaJackie and rusgolden helping her carry a few other items to the Thunderbird tower. A few of the Thunderbird students are outside of their HoH’s room.

“We have some stuff to help Professor Kiri to feel better,” GrandmaJackie pipes up offering a sachet of healing herbs.

Nodding with emphasis, “yeah, and I have this blanket that adjusts to whatever temperature you need to be,” rusgolden proferrs.

“What kind of tea is that?” sinnybri questions while looking at the bright pink tea.

“I’m not sure to be honest,” Professor Dixie replies, “but Grandmam said this one was specially made for Professor Kiri. She seems to be hit a little harder than the other staff by whatever this illness is.”

“Hit a little harder? I feel like I got hit by Magellan when he swiftly turned around because Sheep baah’d oh so gently!” Professor Kiri cried out.

“You’ll meet Sheep soon enough,” BeeQueen2016 paused as Ember the Shragon bounced through the room and settled on Professor Kiris’ feet trying to make her feel better.

“Shragon….” bpotts44 muttered looking at the little fluffy one with tiny wings that fluttered with excitement snorting smoke out her nose.

“No Ara the Merkitty today little fluff?” hapamama23 asks.

Snorting, Ember points her head in the direction of Pukwudgie and settles down to fall asleep.

“Naturally, the Merkitty is down with Professor Tahm.” BeeQueen2016 nodding sagely.

“Well, I hope you feel better Proff,” mrmcgrath offers.

In another part of the castle, not so far away…

Grandmam makes her way to the Pukwudgie common area with a tray of goodies. Of course she’ll spoil her namesake house.

Pukwudgie students VictoriaTuel and Razzmic peer at the array on the tray.

Steaming soup, crackers, a saucer of milk, and a tall cup of light brown tea.

Ara the merkitty floating in her special bubble looks down at the saucer with big eyes, as Grandmam scoffs and places the saucer on the ground near Professor Tahm. Ara quickly laps up the milk eyes on Grandmam the whole while.

Pukwudgies, ever the healing sort have an abundance of potions brought to their HoH. Grandmam smiles slightly, proud of her namesake house. ‘Truly they are the best’ she thinks out loud. Grandmam is not the subtle sort, and makes her opinions known without hesitation.

Finishing the soup, Professor Tahm straightens up.

“Alright, now up and at ‘em,” Grandmam smiles, “you’re gonna stretch out. That’s how Grandpap and I stay so healthy and strong. We stretch ‘em out.”

Apparently Grandmam’s tea cures all most all ills. The staff and students make their way outside for the favorite class. CoMC!

Approaching the lake at the edge of the property, you notice a strange looking bird swimming in the water as a short man with greying whiskers stands nearby.

“Fray! So great to see you! Thank you for bringing our creature to discuss for this week.”

With a small smile, he nods and whistles for the bird. The bird flies out of the water landing on the man Fray.

“Wow, now that’s a pair of feet,” zindroth exclaims pointing at the bright blue feet.

“I suppose now would be a good time to start the lesson on this magical creature,” The313 notes.

“This is the Blue-footed Booby. This creature is identified as a class XX magical beast. These creatures were bred with the intent to produce blue feet, to help differentiate them from the non-magical variety. Although not initially apparent, this creature produces some rather interesting potion ingredients. The blue feet may-be substituted for other magical bird feet to disguise the purpose of the potion turning the brew blue. Additionally, the blue-footed booby usually lays one to three eggs at a time. The species practices asynchronous hatching, in contrast to many other species whereby incubation begins when the last egg is laid and all chicks hatch together. This results in a growth inequality and size disparity between siblings, leading to facultative siblicide in times of food scarcity. Their eggs are very useful in potions for sibling vengeance potions.” Professor JGundz paused.

“They’re more common than you think,” MelonPaul notes.

“Well, regardless, with feet like that they’ve got to be magical!” 6andromeda9 laughs.
    189183-004-574E2DBE.jpg

• jgundz
    Options
    Week 3: Oh Boggart...

“Here are some gloves to help move that monstrosity of a mirror,” Professor kiri called out handing out pairs of kid gloves .

“The minister was quite adamant that we treat this special mirror with the utmost importance as it has been in the contributors family for hundreds of years. No smudges,” mrmcgrath notes with an eye roll.

BeeQueen2016 , rusgolden, and tmeadows_08 each grasped the ornate silver mirror and began the small trek to the new “official” MACUSA reception area, which may or may not be located at the edge of the grounds. Being careful they began moving the pink and silver monstrosity to the new location as it was being built with a few other students in case if a trade off needed to be done.

To get to where they were going they were going to need to pass by our favorite dragons. Of course it made sense to have the dragons greet the MACUSA representatives should they decide to visit unannounced.

Out in the open fall air, leaves leaves crunch underfoot. In the open field ahead, we see two dragons basking in the sun’s warm rays. Puk the Green Welsh has decided to completely sprawl out, feet in the air.

Touchstone, aka Lancelot the Opaleye has decided to use the shade of the tree to cover his head and take a nap. Tuckered out from all that 2-step. Well, you know Lancelot, he likes to dance a lot.

Passing the sleeping dragons, Maegallan and Dante are instead trying to stay cool near the lake.
    Dante the Black Hebridean has opted to lie in the shade as the sun’s rays are quite absorbent with his black scales while munching on what seems to be a very oversized large human looking bone.

“That thing looks like a giant’s bone,” Slimpossible007 comments.

“Well, we tried to send an envoy to the giants a few months ago, warning them to not approach the area, but still Dante….” rusgolden explained

Dante does not look apologetic and breaths a snort of smoke through his nostrils and continues to gnaw on the bone.

“It’s a good thing he won’t mess with us smaller normal sized humans,” tmeadows_08 says

“We’re not enough food, and we occasionally give belly rubs is the difference maker,” rusgolden says.

Sweet Magellan is swimming, or rather floating in the water with the love of his life. Sheep. Sheep is lying on Magellan’s back nibbling at some fresh picked strawberries, her feet cooled by the water, as Ember the Shragon and Ara the merkitty are splashing away at the nearby shore.

“No, seriously, how did that happen.” mseckley asked.

Dante lowly roars. Dante begins to visibly shake with tears in his eyes. Seemingly, he is recalling his conversation with Mageallan about the birds and the bees, or rather the dragons and the sheep. Dante turns away from Magellan who isn’t paying any attention to Dante’s laughter.

“Is that physically possible?” orngnerdz asks.

“We were just as surprised as you are now,” tmeadows_08 states with a smile

“Yeah, I kinda wish I understood how that came to be,” BeeQueen2016 muses

Silly dragon...and sheep. Moving onward we come to a new structure on Ilvermorny grounds. GrandmaJackie and Razzmic are lifting some of the stoneface with a little magic. The structure is now essentially complete.

The new building was outfitted with a grey stone face with the occasional marbling. ka97 and JPerry84 were reinforcing Professor Tahm’s charms on the building.

“Yeah, no one will come through without prior notice,” JPerry84 smirked.

“And if they do, well, this’ll probably make them regret it,” ka97 chuckled as they applied a skin dying trap that would dye their hair and skin pink for a week.

“Or they could land in the jello mold,” coop925 noted placing a stasis on the said yellow jiggly goo.

Nodding with emphasis, students placed a variety of tricky charms around the perimeter of the new reception area. And hey, if they get through all of that then they’ll have to deal with dragons and Dante has been wanting to light something on fire.

Walking into the reception area you are greeted with a mostly empty bookshelf, save for a few knicknacks and a simple long wooden cherry table with high backed chairs.

“Place the mirror at the head of the table. If they decide to ‘visit’ we want this to look like an official reception area.” Professor kiri called out.

“Wouldn’t it be better near the fireplace, considering the nature of the floo. Even if it’s not set up, it would provide a similar entry to the room and building.” hapamama23 asked

“Normally I would say yes, but I’m hoping this mirror will be used more for communication rather than sudden visits.” HM jgundz explained

Placing the ornate mirror gently at the head of the table, BeeQueen2016, rusgolden, & teadows_08 take a minute to rest.

“That thing’s heavier than it looks.” rusgolden called out.

“I know that some of the faculty and students have set charms and traps outside, but we should have something to let us know should they decide to request a meeting or decide to pop by.” VictoriaTuel commented

“They’re supposed to owl us in advance when they want to come by or have a meeting. I put that in the contract request and they signed it.” Prof Yume noted pulling out a scroll from her robes. “They weren’t too happy about that amendment after they signed it realizing they really didn’t read the thing. Oh, well.”

“We could set up a communication alarm that sounds should the threshold be crossed,” katsheare suggested

“I think my family had a book about barrier alarms that we could apply here. I think it’s in our common room,” murdog3t stated

“Yeah, go grab that, I think it should be very useful. In the meantime, this place looks a little drab and dull.” Professor kiri said

“Let’s make it pretty,” mrmcgrath said excitedly.

“Well, you know how ministry officials must have certain expectations.” Saeraphine said with a smirk

Bringing in a few flowers SylviazSpirit placed them in a vase on the table.

“That’s a good start.”

“Hmm?” SylviazSpirit replied, arranging the flowers.

“We’ve decided that we need to make this place ‘pretty’ for the Ministry,” Saeraphine explained

“Maybe we could add a rug or a painting?” 6andromeda9 suggested

“Wait, that’s another way we could use to monitor this building!” westpancake said enthusiastically

“Do we have a painting of someone in the castle that might want an additional change of scenery?” Professor Dixie asked

“Chadwick maybe?” crawforda3465 posed

“Hmm, Chadwick Boot, he would probably really enjoy a type of reconnaissance job,” Prof Yume chuckled.

Phoenixmed, sinnybri, rikkejohnsenrij, and txmama63 ran off to Thunderbird Tower to get Chadwick’s portrait. When they returned they only carried his empty frame.

“He wasn’t there.” sinnybri stated as they hung his portrait on the wall above the fireplace. “Must have gone to visit someone.”

“He’s going to be mighty confused when he…” ariecpotter started.

“Where am I?!” they heard Chadwick’s voice shout. Everyone looked up at his portrait.

“Hello Chadwick. You are in our new visitor reception area.” Prof kiri explained. “We received a gift from MACUSA that enables them to visit us whenever they like, although we have requested they give us forewarning.”

“We wanted to have a second line of defense warning system, and you were the first one we thought of who would excel in reconnaissance.” HM jgundz said. Chadwick seemed to puff up with pride.

“Well, it is nice to see new parts of the grounds, and I would be honored to assist you all.” Chadwick said proudly.

Once they were done with the countermeasures everyone returned to the castle feeling much more at ease.

“I think that was some of our best charm work.” fourathomej said happily to jenk1981, and kdv11 as they made their way into the Great Hall for dinner. jenk1981 and kddv12 nodded in agreement.

“I sure how we get to see someone get through all those concealments if they should visit.” hippysprout said with a giggle.

Later that night Chadwick visited his brother Webster’s portrait in the Wampus common room asking to speak with Professor Dixie.

“Yes Chadwick?” Prof Dixie asked as she entered from her quarters.

“Hello Professor. I was hoping you lot could provide me something in my new residence.” Chadwick explained. Dixie nodded for him to go on. “I would like for you to hang some herbs around the room, I feel it would really spruce the place up.”

“Absolutely Chadwick, as the students next Herbology assignment I will have them gather herbs for protection to spruce up your new dwelling.” Prof Dixie said.

“Off to CoMC to see what creature we have in store for today.” Slinky_BraveheartBunsofSteel said as they left the greenhouse the next day.

Approaching the gamekeeper shed you note a a wardrobe in the middle of the area.

“For today’s lesson we will be discussing boggarts,” HM JGundz offers as the wardrobe begins to shake.

“Boggarts are particularly fond of inhabiting dark, confined spaces, such as in wardrobes like this one, the gap beneath beds, and the cupboards under sinks and desks.” HM JGundz continued as the wardrobe shook harder.

“Nobody knows what a Boggart looks like if nobody is there to see it, although it continues to exist...“

“Like Shroedinger’s cat.” ashdawwg8790 offers.

Nodding HM JGundz continues, “usually the boggart gives evidence of its presence by rattling, shaking or scratching the object in which it is hiding.”

Professor Kiri opens the wardrobe, with a Ministry official suddenly popping out. The official seemingly has Professor Kiri’s wand and snaps it in two, throwing it to the ground while handing a paper of expulsion from the magical world. Gulping, Professor Kiri turns to the class and relays, “A boggarts basic nature, is to shape-shift and assume the form of whatever most frightens the person who encounters it. Sometimes when a witch or wizard has multiple fears it will cycle through the worst of them. One of my biggest fears is not being in this world of magic.”

The students empathize and nod sympathetically.

HM JGundz continues, “Like a poltergeist, a boggart is not and never has been really alive. It is one of the strange non-beings that populate the magical world, for which there is no equivalent in the Muggle realm. Boggarts can be made to disappear, but more boggarts will inevitably arise to take their place. Like poltergeists and the more sinister Dementors, they seem to be generated and sustained by human emotions.”

“What if they transform into something like a dementor or a banshee?” PeaceJoyHope asks

“Boggarts often do not have the same strength or magic as what they imitate. A boggart transformed into a Dementor has weaker magic than a real Dementor. Similarly, a boggart transforming into a Banshee won’t have a deadly scream, but will probably hurt your ears.” The313 followed.

“The charm that combats a boggart is Riddikulus. The charm requires a strong mind and good concentration. The incantation and wand movement alone will not affect a boggart. The spell can be tricky, because it involves making the creature into a figure of fun and amusement, so that fear can be dispelled in amusement. If the caster is able to laugh aloud at the boggart, it will disappear at once. The intention is to force the boggart to assume a less-threatening and hopefully comical form.” HM jgundz explained

Professor Kiri pulled their wand out and shouted, “Riddikulus” causing the official to turn into a TRex Deer while the wand transformed into a quacking duck. Professor Kiri attempts to stifle a chuckle for the purpose of this demonstration. “Normally, I would laugh while performing this charm, but I don’t want the boggart to go hiding into the wardrobe just yet.” Professor Kiri stated.

The duck flies on top of the TRex deer’s head and no one can contain their laughter anymore forcing the boggart to return to the wardrobe closing the door behind itself.

“Oh, well,” Professor Kiri laughs.

• jgundz
    Options
    Week 4: Ilvermorny Creature Playtime

Feeling much better about MACUSA’s mirror being away from the main part of the castle the staff got to planning the rest of the term.

“I can’t believe MACUSA needed to Yume’s help again.” Professor kiri said as she poured over the coming transfiguration lessons.

“You know they like to take advantage of her organization and contract writing skills.” HM jgundz said with a small smile, looking over the week’s Care of Magical Creatures lesson plan.

“She should write a contract for when they’re allowed to bombard her with work.” Professor kiri offered. This caused a few giggles from the staff. “But at least she had already helped us plan so many of the lessons this term.” Prof kiri added with a smile. The other staff nodded.

Across the castle the Thunderbird and Pukwdugie students were searching for the Shragon and Merkitty.

“Ember, where are you?” BeeQueen2016 called out as she wandered down the steps of Thunderbird tower.

“Pukwudgie common room maybe?” LonniJay suggested. “Ember loves playing with Ara.”

“NikkiSJG, can you float over to Puk and see if Ember is there?” BeeQueen2016 asked. The ghost smiled and went flying through the halls and walls to get to the Pukwudgie common room. Once there they found a similar scene as the one they left.

“Ara! Where are you?” theresam68 called out lifting a nearby chair to check under it.

“Maybe in TBird?” storytelinor suggested.

“Nope” NikkiSJG said, making a few people jump. “I just came in here looking for Ember. That Shragon and Merkitty sure go love each other.”

“Well we better keep looking.” roadgrader15 said as they moved the nearby coffee table.

Meanwhile PaulaKro was telling moarrein how much exercise the Wampus kittens (they’re really not kittens anymore) needed. Paula was floating above Wampii as they led the cats outside. As soon as they made it out the door the cats started running and chasing each other.

“They sure have a lot of energy.” moarrein said with a laugh as she watched the two cats tackle each other. PaulaKro nodded.

“They get mischievous as well.” PaulaKro said. Just as she said this TIDS made a dash towards the greenhouse. He ran right under Professor Dixie’s legs as she carried some herbs and fungii up towards the castle. Dixie froze balancing the load before it toppled to the ground and called after TIDS exasperatedly.

Moarrein and PaulaKro followed TIDS and Wampii across the grounds and met up with whitefire78 and starjam25 who had finally found the Shragon and Merkitty playing in the lake.

“I don’t know why we didn’t think to look here sooner.” whitefire78 said with a smile.

“They love the water.” starjam25 added with a laugh as Wampii and TIDS dove into the water to play as well. They students and ghostie watched the animals play for a while before corralling them all to bring them back to the castle. On the way in they tried to get them to not drag mud in, but were not so lucky.

“Grandmam is not going to be happy about this.” whitefire78 said.

“We got the animals inside, we should probably clean this up before she sees it.” starjam25 suggested. The others nodded, letting PaulaKro float after the Ilvermorny pets to ensure they didn’t get up to too much more mischief.

In the Horned Serpent common room a few students were playing with the occamy that took residence in a large basket in the corner.

“Arky is energetic today.” katsheare said as she let him wind his way around her ankles.

“They all seem to be.” orngnerdz said holding Copper in her hands. Talhonjik and mseckley were cleaning out the basket as the others played.

“This might be why.” Talhonjik said pulling out a coffee bean wrapper.

“How did they get that?” VanVanDiane asked, letting Mandy curl up in her slipper she had taken off.

“Kazuki may have brought it to them, you know he likes to hang out in here.” katsheare said, speaking fondly of the demiguise that took residence at Ilvermorny.

“It’s probably not good for them.” mseckley said, throwing out the wrapper Talhonjik had handed to her.

“But it makes them so happy.” orngnerdz said with a laugh as Copper made figure eights up and down her arm.

“Speaking of being happy, let’s make our way outside, I need to start the next Care of Magical Creature lesson.” HM jgundz said coming out of her HM quarters. The Serpents put the occamy back in their basket and following their HoH outside to meet up with the rest of the school.

The students were looking around for a creature to give them a clue what they were studying.

“As many of you have obviously noticed, I don’t have an actual creature with me to study today. As we are studying dementors.” HM jgundz explained. “However as we have a few metamorphmagus among us, I have asked Professor Kiri to transform herself for us today.”

Professor kiri stepped up and transformed herself into the appearance of a dementor. A few students shivered slightly, although the area did not become cold.

“As you can see, a dementor is a gliding, wraith-like Dark creature, widely considered to be one of the foulest to inhabit the world. Dementors feed on human happiness and thus generate feelings of depression and despair in any person in close proximity to them. They can also consume a person's soul, leaving their victims in a permanent vegetative state. Were this a real dementor you would all be overcome with sadness and feel cold. Dementors are a non-being and therefore do not have a beast classification level” HM jgundz lectured. “Can anyone tell me what one can do when faced with a dementor?”

“Chocolate is the perfect antidote for anyone who has been overcome in the presence of Dementors, which suck hope and happiness out of their surroundings.” PeaceJoyHope offered. HM jgundz nodded happily.

“Chocolate can only be a short-term remedy, however. Finding ways to fight off Dementors are essential if one is to become permanently happier.” HM jgundz said. “One of which is a Patronus Charm. This is a very difficult charm to master. Anyone want to give it a try?”

Saeraphine stepped forward, pointed her wand toward Professor kiri and called “EXPECTO PATRONUM!” A rotund racoon came ambling out of her wand and sniffed the ground looking for food. In a fit of giggles at the sight Professor kiri lost concentration and regained her normal appearance.

“Very good Saera, and thank you Kiri for your excellent transformation.” HM jgundz said. “Now I encourage you to all think of your happiest memory and conjure your own patronus.”
  • jgundz
    Options
    Week 5: Testing, Testing

Wand Maester Yume had paused at the mirror. She sent letters to the other staff notifying her return, but to leave the charms intact. Her imprint was on the charms inside the room, but not on the ones outside the door. Much to her chagrin, it would be a good time to test the alarms to see if they worked, but she would rather not be dyed pink for a week. Donning every protective charm she could think of in case there was a charm that she was not imprinted upon, she walked through the mirror confidently as if nothing were to happen at all with the eyes of ministry officials on her as she stepped through.
    Chadwick Boot in his portrait peered down and went off to notify the other faculty members. Good practice you know!

Pausing after crossing the threshold she walked around the room and out the door out of the line of sight of the mirror. Suddenly the Wand Maester was bombarded with an array of a few charms and protective spells. “Well, I suppose there were a few that i wasn’t imprinted on,” the Wand Maester chuckled as a set of purple and green fireworks went off in the area and red powder surrounded everything getting in her hair.

Professor Dixie and Tahm walked out to the reception area with TIDS padding along behind, tail swishing occasionally.. puffbrat and coop925 accompanied with a few magically charmed items. A rope that couldn’t be unknotted and some powder that made the room instantly dark. Although they were aware of the visitor, it wouldn’t hurt to treat this with some similarity to what would happen.

Chuckling at the sight, the Wand Maesters blue robes were now a brilliant vermillion shade of red as was her hair, with the latter not being a big change. At least it didn’t get on her skin.

“I suppose some of those traps work,” coop925 chuckled.

“Well I didn’t link to those and didn’t ask for permission to go through. At least the protective charms worked well. The Ministry didn’t like some of the addendums that they signed off on without reading the materials,” the Maester replied peeling off the now red outer robe.

“According to your letter they wanted to know which protective charms were in place and how to circumvent them. What did you end up saying?” puffbrat asked.

“Well, after some consultation with the staff, we decided to tell them 3 of them,” Professor Tahm noted handing off the letter to Prof Dixie.

“The dying the skin pink, though we told them we didn’t have a preventable solution for them on that one, and it was just in their best interest to let us know when they were coming. The jello feet and the pumpkin pasty jinks,” Prof Dixie reading from the list.

“That’s kinda sad. I liked the pumpkin pasty jinks. Turns their robes to a flaky deliciousness.” puffbrat said

Walking back across the ground to the castle, the group pauses at the dragon paddocks to see a group of students gathered around.

“Dante, appears to have wanted to go over to the fireworks that exploded earlier, but turned around seeing it was you guys.” sinnybri said.

“I think he was disappointed to not get to destroy something,” GrandmaJackie chuckled as Dante just snorted and turned around.

“He already ate one of the giants last week,” VictoriaTuel stated

“And a troll the week before,” hippysprout chimed in

“I think he’s getting stir-crazy and needs to explore. The problem is how to do that with a massive dragon without getting attacked.” westpancake thought aloud

“I wonder if there is a way to give the dragons an extra workout without alerting nearby towns?” mseckley mused.

“Do we still have access to a catapult?” Saeraphine asked the staff. The staff exchanged looks, they were hoping not to tip off the more rambunctious students that a catapult was on the grounds.

“Yes, we can access it. But it will be going back into hiding the moment we are done with it.” HM jgundz stated, knowing this was going to backfire on them somehow. The staff went to get the catapult while the students formulated their plan to give the dragons some exercise close to the castle.

When the staff returned with the catapult in tow tmeadows_08 filled them in on their plan. They would be launching large ice blocks into the air for the dragons to chase down and then hit with fire. As they set up the catapult storytelinor and bpotts44 started freezing ice blocks out of the lake. The students took turns lifting the ice blocks into the catapult.

“Can’t we use magic to lift these?” rusgolden asked stretching their tired arms.

“You wanted to use a catapult, you have to do a little extra work.” Prof Kiri said with a smirk.

As the students rested by the lake after helping lift the ice blocks the staff returned the catapult to it’s hiding spot. As they came back around the corner they noticed The313 coming out of the MACUSA reception area looking rather perturbed. They made their way over to them.

“The313 are you alright?” PHM jgundz inquired. The313 huffed indignantly.

“Of course I’m okay, why would you ask such a stupid question.” they replied. All the staff looked at each other with concern in their eyes. “I was just spending come time cleaning up the mess our protection caused, and then tidying up the inside, and cleaning the mirror itself.” The313 continued in a spiteful tone.

“Why don’t we go spend some time relaxing? You certainly have earned it after all that hard work.” Prof Dixie offered carefully steering The313 toward the greenhouse.

“Good evening everyone, for today’s CoMC lesson, we will be talking about werewolves. Today with us we have Nampeyo and Titus has decided to share with us some knowledge about what it’s like to live with lycanthropy.” HM jgundz explained

Nampeyo looking a tad gaunt begins, “Good evening everyone, we were both bitten by a werewolf as children. Titus was bitten while the werewolf was in their human form and I was bitten while they were in their wolfish form. Titus is not a werewolf, while I am, though Titus does have a few lupine tendencies like eating her meat a tad on the rare side. To become a werewolf, if is necessary to be bitten by a werewolf in their wolfish form at the time of the full moon. “

Titus began, “if a Muggle or No-Maj were to be bitten at any point it would likely kill them because of what is needed to seal the wounds of a bite or scratch. Currently a fresh wound can be sealed with a mix of powdered silver and dittany.”

“Unfortunately there is no cure for lycanthropy right now. There is research in England on the usage of wolfsbane in a potion to help ease the symptoms, but so far it’s not really feasible.” Nampeyo explained

“As far as some random trivia is concerned, lycanthropy can not be passed genetically except in one very odd and specific case. That being if two werewolves were to mate at the full moon in their animal form, a pack of wolf cubs - yes actual cubs - will grow up to become very beautiful wolves and can only be distinguished from true wolves by their near-human intelligence.” Titus continued

“What are the Ministry’s thoughts?” katsheare asked

“Well, to start, werewolves have had a good relationship with Ilvermorny. We have grounds for them to go to during the full moon without fear of being attacked or attacking others. However the Ministry...they’ve been going back and forth on the classification for werewolves for years. At one point both the Werewolf Registry and Capture Unit were both in the Beast Division, while Support Services were in the Being Division. Considering how bad the regulations and services were, no one readily walks into the Ministry to admit that they’re a werewolf. For those who do register they are supposed to sign a copy of the Werewolf Code of Conduct which is where they promise not to bite or attack another human and that they are to lock themselves away during the transformation. During their transformation they are classified as a XXXXX Beast. “ HM jgundz explained

“Man, I could go for a big dish of beef chow mein,” Nampeyo thought out loud, causing laughter in the class.
  • jgundz
    Options
    Week 6: Bad Luck Coming?

“We’ll help finish cleaning up the reception area,” ariecpotter, orngnerdz, and puffbrat offer accompanied by Professor Tahm. Not everything got cleaned up after The313 left the area to go with DixieHealthy to the greenhouse.

“You know, I’ve noticed something,” orngnerdz pausing at the door of the reception area.

“Hmm?” Professor Tahm asked.

“Every time someone goes near that mirror something happens. I mean after you guys first got the mirror people got sick.” orngnerdz stated

“Or super grumpy,” puffbrat added

“Professor Yume and Professor Dixie didn’t get ill though that first day, and Professor Yume has even went through the thing,” orngnerdz said.

“Hmm, Professor Dixie didn’t touch the mirror that day, and neither did I nor the Headmistress. Only Professor Kiri and Yume,” Professor Tahm reflected looking at the mirror. “We thought some illness might have been spreading around.”

“Well that’s a rather selective illness,” ariecpotter noted. “It only seemed to hit certain people that interacted with the mirror, or those who interacted with those people. I’ve been trying to keep track of the illness that’s been going around as a side project of sorts.”

“What have you found out so far?” puffbrat inquired

“Well, Professor Yume seems to be immune to whatever it is and Professor Kiri was extremely susceptible to whatever it is. The HM and Professor Tahm got ill from something which may have been interacting with Professor Kiri, but not to the same degree. I don’t know if Professor Dixie actually has directly contacted either of them while they were ill,” ariecpotter paused.

“No, I don’t believe she did. But there were several students that offered get well remedies to them and some got sick, while others did not. “ Professor Tahm offered.

“What about when BeeQueen2016 , rusgolden, and tmeadows_08 carried the mirror to the area? They didn’t have any problems.” puffbrat mused

“Gloves?” orngnerdz offered cautiously. “Dragonhide gloves at that,” continuing more confidently.

“And The313 feeling super grumpy after cleaning it may be a symptom,” ariecpotter offered.
    “Even Chadwick doesn’t like to stay in that room for too long.” Professor Tahm said

“Hmm, I think that mseckley and tmeadows_08 may have some books on selective curses that we should use to screen this mirror that we may not have caught,” ariecpotter noted throwing a black cloth over the mirror for the time being.

Meanwhile back at the lake...a merkitty and shragon splash around in the water. Oh, look, it seems like the uni-bunnicorn, I mean Al-mi’raj has joined them. How sweet!

Upon returning to the main castle entry there are many pairs of boots in the entryway. Grandmam and Grandpap are not happy that people are leaving certain things lying around. They decided to place a few inconspicuous rocks in them and placed them off to the side. Looking pointedly at some nearby students Grandmam places her finger up to her lips.

Shrugging at the Pukwudgie hijinks, really they should know better ariecpotter moseys to the staff room to relay the proposed theory, while puffbrat & orngnerdz try to locate the individuals who may have those books.

In the staff room...
    A few other students are having a meeting with the staff to discuss some topics for future classes…

“Yeah, we think that a History of Magic class might be an interesting addition,” brisingr86 the Horned Serpent said brightly. “A more research and resource driven course!”

“Or maybe a wood-working type course? Something to learn how to make brooms and wands,” Slimpossible007 offered as ariecpotter and Professor Tahm entered the room with a few different scrolls in hand.

“I apologize for interrupting your meeting, but we have something that needs to be discussed. It’s urgent,” Professor Tahm said looking pointedly at the HM and then to a plate of black eyed peas and cornbread on the table. Professor Tahm scooches the HM over and tries a bit from the plate.

“What? I haven’t had black eyed peas and cornbread in a long time. They don’t really make it much here, more of a food back from my heritage. You know better,” she chuckled and jgundz just stared at her.

Later in the week…

“... so you’re saying that you think that this mirror is either cursed or something else?” Prof Yume asked

“Yes, based on the research I’ve done, I think there is definitely something off about the mirror.” ariecpotter stated gesturing to the chart on the table. “mseckley and tmeadows_08 had these books on old dark magic curses set on objects. Between that and the records I’ve kept of the illnesses that have swept the castle this term it appears to be dark magic.”

“What’s your conclusion based on exactly? Can you explain your findings?” Prof Kiri asked looking over the chart.

“So far in my research I’ve found that the curse seems to affect people based on three things. The first we found is blood purity. It appears pure-bloods are immune, while half-bloods and muggleborns are more susceptible. It also seems to affect people from different geographies differently. Lastly the effects seems to last different lengths of time based on the amount of grandmam’s pepper-up tea the person drank.” ariecpotter explained. The professors and a few students looked on as she explained her research.

“Based on these books, we found that there are a variety of scans we can do to determine the curse on the mirror.” starjam25 said, holding a book out. Prof Tahm took it and began reading.

“Seems we have some work to do in the reception area.” HM jgundz said, and the group set out for the reception area, letting Chadwick return to another portrait in the castle for a while. The group followed the instructions for each scan. Finally they achieved some success with one of the older scans.

“It looks like there is definitely something there, I can’t tell what it is, but its there.” NelsonKatelyn said scanning the page of the book they were reading.

“That’s the oldest book we have, how are we going to determine what’s cursing this mirror if the curse is that old?” melopaul asked.

“Who would curse a mirror anyway?” BeeQueen2016 inquired.

“Well it came from some wealthy aunt of a ministry official supposedly. They have had it for years, and the ministry is afraid to insult them by testing it.” Saeraphine explained. “I guess they give a lot of funding to MACUSA and they don’t want to lose it if the mirror was damaged during testing.”

As the group discussed the origins of the mirror rikkejohnsenrij rushed through the door holding an enormous book.

“Professors! I found one more book!” they exclaimed, holding the book out. HM jgundz took it. “Turn to the marked page, I found another scan!”

“Thank you rikkejohnsenrij.” HM jgundz said, “Okay, it looks like the person doing the scan needs to be lying down. Any volunteers?”

katsheare raised their hand and laid down on the floor in front of the mirror then recited the necessary spell. As they finished reciting the spell the mirror began to illuminate, getting brighter by the minute. katsheare stood up and the group looked at the book for meaning.

“It doesn’t mention illumination, this is odd. Saeraphine, will you contact MACUSA aboout this?” Prof Yume asked. Saeraphine nodded and hurried off to the castle to floo to MACUSA. As the group read through the book again Wampii and TIDS, the Wampus pets, sped into the room and straight towards the mirror. When they collided against the wall the mirror shook and fell off the wall. Wampii and TIDS fled into the far corner of the room.

“We should know better than to have shiny things near the Wampii.” Prof Dixie said shaking her head.

“Professors? The mirror is cracked.” fourathomej said worriedly. The group gathered around the mirror.

“Well that won’t go over well with MACUSA.” Prof Tahm said.

“Let’s just hope it doesn’t cause us any more bad luck.” SeriouslySta said.

“Let’s cover it up, we will deal with it when we hear back from MACUSA.” HM said. fourathomej and DanielleFayeS put a dark sheet of fabric over the mirror. As the group left the room they didn’t notice TIDS and Wampii sniffing at the tiny wisps of pink smoke coming from under the sheet.
  • jgundz
    Options
    Week 7: FINALS

“Well, that was fast,” BeeQueen2016 commented noting the howler with the MACUSA seal going into the main hall.

With a sigh, HM Jgundz tapped the howler to have a very loud booming voice emanate throughout the hall.

“HOW COULD YOU INCOMPETENT PEOPLE ALLOW THE MIRROR TO BREAK? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT MIRROR COST? IT WAS A FAMILY HEIRLOOM DONATED TO THE MINISTRY! WE WILL BE BY THIS EVENING, AND BE PREPARED TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!” the note said before exploding and turning to ash.

“Huh, I didn’t think we sent them the owl yet notifying them of the mirror being broke,” starjam25 said.

“Yeah, I mean it was only yesterday evening.” VictoriaTuel said eating their breakfast.

“Meh, they’re just getting their knickers in a twist,” fourathomej noted

“Besides you students have more important things to worry about, like final exams,” Professor Kiri prompted with a chuckle. “Go see the bulletin to see what the final exams are covering.”

After completing all of your exams there is definitely a need to celebrate. I mean that was a lot of material to cover for this term. And now it’s supper time. So to celebrate Grandpap has decided to place a few fireworks in some cakes on the table. Grandmam looks at Grandpap pointedly and then to the mop and bucket in the corner. We think he gets the idea. Fireworks outside, and not in the clean food area.

Moving outside, Grandpap sets up a few magical fireworks to entertain while everyone eats a celebratory supper. I mean, Grandmam did provide a cheese pie.

Feeling a push at the barrier, Grandmam motions to Grandpap to stop the fireworks, as it seems we have visitors.

A small group of well dressed individuals make their way to the castle with the suns dusky sunset setting their shadows to extend along the ground. It seems that they didn’t notice the fireworks.

With an eyeroll, Professor Tahm says“well, it looks like the ministry folks are here,” as the sweet merkitty hides behind her robes.

With a gruff voice, the minister approaches HM Jgundz and barks, “Where’s the mirror?”

“Rude. You could at least say, hello first,” Professor Dixie states while quirking an eyebrow.

Glaring at Professor Dixie, the minister continues, “well?”

“Of course minister, but who is your guest, I don’t believe I’ve met this member of the ministry, and I thought I was rather well versed in your administration,” Maester Yume questioningly asked while pointing to an elderly green eyed woman.

“This is my Aunt Logga Thir, she is the donor of the mirror. She is here to help fix the mirror. She has an extensive skill set on magical mending. Oh and I’m her nephew Rolf,” one of the younger ministry members helpfully supplied.

“I can’t believe you idiots broke my mirror. I’ve enchanted it to be nearly indestructible. Do you know how hard it is to find let alone make a communication mirror like this? The supply list is incredibly expensive. This thing cost 208,000 galleons to make!” the aforementioned Aunt Logga exasperatedly complained.

“Why would you lend this out to a place with students knowing how much it cost?” abowersgirl curtly posed.

“Educating the witches and wizards of prominent families is something that the Corvinus family values immensely,” Aunt Logga puffed walking in the direction of the reception building.

“I guess she can sense where the mirror is considering she’s going in the direction,” kitfacs whispered to eaceJoyHope.

“Some people have ties to magical objects and can sense them, but it’s still a little odd.” PeaceJoyHope whispered back.

All of the students, staff and faculty make their way to the reception area picking up a few little magical creatures along the way.

“Wampii!,” moarrein huffs as Wampii jumps on top of bdbchick nearly toppling them both over.

“You’re not a kitten anymore you know?” bdbchick teased as Wampii completely ignored them clinging to their ride.

“At least TIDS doesn’t want a ride too,” PaulaKro joked placing a ghostly hand on TIDS back.

Following Aunt Logga to the reception area, the staff quickly undid the charms on the reception area under their breath.

Professor Kiri walked ahead and opened the door for all of the party members.

Aunt Logga moved to the mirror and grasped at the black sheet.

“Please be careful, we think the mirror might be cursed,” ariecpotter quickly offered.

“Cursed? What makes you think this,” the young Rolf supplied.

“Do you want the full list,” ariecpotter sarcastically laughed pulling a scroll riddled with notes on it.

“Let’s see, the curse detector illuminated the mirror when performing the charm,” she continued

“Wait, why would you perform a curse detector on something supplied by us?” the minister quickly stated with a hint of irritation in his voice.

“Really?” Hamsibian laughed.

“What?” Rolf said looking around at the chuckling individuals.

“Have you met most of the people here minister? Many here would fit in to Hogwarts houses that are quite good at detecting curses, have analytical minds, could find almost anything, and would be willing to test it out.” sinnybri snapped.

“Besides, after we had several students getting ill after touching the mirror, an investigation was necessary.” Prof Dixie maintained.

“Only certain people were getting sick,” Aunt Logga sniggered with a smirk and a chuckle.

Everyone looked pointedly at Aunt Logga as this is not a good joke.

“Oh, bah! I just think it’s funny how you think a mirror can make only certain people ill. It’s not like one of those old blood curses that attack non-purebloods,” Aunt Logga solemnly points as she lifts the black sheet to reveal the mirror with the few cracks.

Staff and students begin to gauge reactions of their fellow Ilvermornians, most of which are expressions of being unsettled.

“She’s starting to creep me out,” rikkejohnsenrij whispered to tashaarchu4465 and ariana_eatsandlifts

“Kinda odd that she would bring up the blood purity considering that was one of the things we thought might be impacting the illness,” Ariana_eatsandlifts murmured.

“Something feels oddly familiar about her,” coop925 shudders.

Upon lifting the black sheet a fine pink mist could be seen flowing from the cracks in the mirror.

“That’s definitely not normal,” SeriouslySta cautioned as Wampii and TIDS began to hiss in the direction of the mirror.

“Of course it’s normal! It’s a transport mirror after all. Ah, this new generation doesn’t understand a thing about magical mending for some of the finer witches tools. Obviously your schooling is lacking.” Aunt Logga insinuated.

Zindroth quirked an eyebrow and drew her wand as hapamama23 placed a hand over theirs, shaking their head no.

Wampii and TIDS move from hissing to outright growling at the mirror as Aunt Logga sets it upright and begins to attempt to seal the cracks.

“Wampii and TIDS are pretty good judges of character,” JPerry84 hisses to roadgrader15

“Even the sweet merkitty has kept their distance. I mean look, they’re hiding behind Professor Tahm’s robes. And you know the little sweetness is all about the cuddles and snuggles with everyone. That little thing managed to snuggle with Dante, and if that doesn’t say something,” SylviazSpirit paused.

TIDS and Wampii have decided that they need to protect everyone and sprint in the direction of the mirror, banging into the mirror causing it to topple on the ground with a new larger crack.

“Wow, I must say that’s a durable mirror if it withstood two wampii running into it,” orngnerdz impressedly observed as Aunt Logga doubled over in pain.

“Aunt Logga! Are you alright?” Rolf asked with concern laced in his voice.

“Hmm,” Professor Kiri murmurs placing a dragonhide glove on. She walks over to the mirror and flicks the crack with a resounding thump.

“Stop that! You bloody mudblood scum. Don’t touch my mirror!” Aunt Logga shrieks in pain as her face shifts and voice pitch alters. With a smirk Professor Kiri flicks the mirror again causing Aunt Logga to howl in pain.

Some of the older students faces drop as this shift in her face becomes recognizable and are halted in place.

“Gaunt….” westpancake hisses.

“Aunt Logga Thir….that’s an anagram for Gormlaith Gaunt!” the313 calls

“Nope, nope, nope. We need the bypass for spells 8-11 now.” Prof Tahm says quickly

“Aufero Pedibus Jello” murdog3t calls out re-activating the jello feet jinx encasing Gaunts feet.

“Depello dulcis rivus vestimentum” txmama63 yells as Gaunts clothing turns to candy floss.

“Sevoco pluma viscosi” VanVanDiane shouts as feathers fly through the room coating all of the ministry members and Gaunt.

“Relido manibus simul mansurus” hippysprout says with a delicate wand flourish as Gaunts hands come together and will not move.

“Yeah, this mirror’s gotta go,” ka97 says picking up the hammer in the corner.

As everyone takes their turn taking the hammer to the mirror, Gaunt continues to double over in pain until the mirror eventually shatters completely.

Gaunt manages to pull her hands apart and points her wand at the Wand Maester as everyone else has theirs drawn.

“Why Gaunt,” the Wand Maester says in her best southern belle drawl, while tapping her redwood wand, “are we cross?”

“Them wands don’t scare me,” Gaunt darkly replied. “Cause without them wands, you’re nothing but a bunch of weaklings.”

“Gaunt, what an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness. Does this mean we’re not friends anymore? You know Gaunt, if I thought you weren’t my friend, I just don’t think I could bear it,” the Wand Maester cordially replies. Putting her wand in her hair, she says, “There. Now we can be friends again,” laughing loudly.

Shouting an unintelligible curse at Rolf she begins to maniacally laugh.

With peals of laughter, Gaunt shrinks in size to the size of a small bird to turn into a crow. I suppose she is like her relative Morrigan in that regard, though not much else. Gaunt manages to fly around the room and quickly out the open door into the night.

Running outside, she is nowhere to be seen.

“Aunt Logga aye?” mrmcgrath asks with obvious irritation in their voice pointedly at Rolf.

“Who’s Aunt Logga? “ Rolf asks confused.

“Great, he was confunded,” theresam68 grumbled

“Minister, I’m afraid to say you’ve violated the contract that you signed on bringing 1. evil witches or wizards to Ilvermorny premises, in particular one whom has attacked Ilvermorny before. As part of the communication contract, the ministry will not be allowed to place connection mirrors or any other form of direct connection to Ilvermorny for a minimum of 100 years and review of all materials must be completed in triplicate before a new connection even be made in the future. You may not broach the topic with anyone at Ilvermorny for these 100 years with the exception of us providing you with learning materials. Violation of this will increase this timeframe by a minimum of 5 years for each infraction with degree of severity of infraction changing amount of time for the next point of contact, ,” Professor Kiri said reading off one of the contract scrolls with a tone of joy in her voice. The minister starting bumbling trying to disagree, but had a look of stupor on his face.

“I believe that concludes your business at Ilvermorny today minister.” HM jgundz said, “I will escort you to the apparition point.” she said gesturing to the door. She smiled as the ministry officials left before following them out. The remaining staff and students began to clean up the mess the mirror left, being careful not to touch it directly, and talk about their next steps.

“I can’t believe we’re not rid of her yet.” westpancake grumbled.

“Knowing she’s around makes me wonder about our other issues over the years.” tmeadows_08 mused.

“What do you mean?” Slimpossible007 inquired.

“Well in term 1 we had Brandifew framing the natives for destroying business in Williamstown.” GrandmaJackie explained. “That easily could have been her.”

“And in term 2 Professor dapperwulf was captured for witchcraft.” tmeadows_08 added.

“Which as we know from when we came back for Term 3 was Gaunt in disguise.” redversustheblue said matter of factly.

“I still don’t understand how she keeps surviving.” coop925 said.

“Do you think she had anything to do with the mad breeder Timmy and the threat against him that we found?” Prof kiri asked.

“I wouldn’t be surprised, I mean a shragon and merkitty? That is absolutely odd” Wand Maester Yume said.

“Then there was the henchmen who came to Ilvermorny trying to find a wand that they dropped over here, and they were rather adamant to its importance. And the Ministry tried to get the trial dropped. She could’ve started influencing the ministry then,” storytelinor offered.

“Well, at least there was peace and quiet last term when we got to visit the other schools. Well, except for the few howlers the staff received from some random ministry officials about visiting them.” katsheare said

“Hmm….” ariecpotter mumbled

“What?” crawforda3465 asked

“It’s just a comment she made that’s bothering me. She mentioned blood magic, and purity. That’s some dark stuff.” ariecpotter explained “I’ve read about one really dark magic where you can attach yourself to an object,” continued.

“You’re not suggesting….” bpotts44 started

“Maybe, but I hope that my idea is wrong, because the implications are frightening.” ariecpotter stated

“If what you’re suggesting is what I think, then shouldn’t she be weakened or dead considering the mirror is gone. I mean look at what happened to Herpo the Foul.” kdv12 said

“What if she could connect to more than one?” rusgolden pondered

“I hope like *kitten* not,” westpancake colorfully cursed.

“Considering she was able to change to her animagus form means she has enough magic and power in her state...” Prof Yume said

“Even still, there should be a limit to it. You can only attach to so many things before being completely corrupted and mad,” ariecpotter replied

“She’s already mad and corrupted, I mean she left the mirror here.” DanielleFayeS countered

“Hidden in plain site,” The313 offered.

“And it was seriously hideous.” phoenixmed said

“Reflects her personality,” Prof Tahm chuckled briefly.

“How many?” Prof Kiri asks.

“I don’t know. If we’re lucky just one. If we’re not, probably five.” ariecpotter hesitantly offers

“What else would she use?” sue_01 asks

“Not sure. I suppose we’ll have to fortify and strengthen our magic, before we investigate.”

“You should leave the castle open over the holidays in case if the students want a place where they can feel safe,” Grandpap puffed, “we Pukwudgies are great at protection.”

“That and I can try out my new pies and fruitcakes that I want to test out,” Grandmam smiled.

“Very well, the castle will remain open through the holidays,” HM Jgundz announced as she reentered the room..

“We can always have some kind of mini-event for those who decide to hang around,” Professor Dixie winks.