Low blood sugar

Options
Fflpnari
Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
Does anyone have issues with feeling of low blood sugar?
I had my vsg done several years ago and never had any issues (or restriction). Lately I've have symptoms of blood sugar dropping. Ive checked my CBG and its always in a normal range. All my blood work came back in a normal range, ekg normal. my physical appt was fine. No reason was found.
I know its common with the RNY surgery with their CBGs actually dropping, Im not sure if its common with the VSG.

Replies

• dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was recently hospitalized due to reactive non-diabetic hypoglycemia. Recent studies show that bariatric patients two+ years out start to add more carbs to their diet as they work with maintenance. The pancreas can over respond and produce too much insulin causing a spike in sugar followed by a dramatic drop. I experienced an extreme diaphoretic reaction, disorientation, palpitations and weakness. At the hospital, my blood sugar was 51. After a period of testing my levels one, two and three hours after eating and being more vigilant about making sure protein and fat was combined with carbs, I can better manage my levels.Two hours out is the critical window for me.