Been a long time!

Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
I haven’t been by since I lost my doctor in 2016 and the nightmare involved with that. I ultimately got him back only to lose him again (now he has a terminal illness himself!) this past fall! I’m finally settled once again with two new doctors who do the work that one did before! One gives me the Botox to control my migraines and the other prescribes my medications for fibromyalgia and cervical dystonia pain.

During the past three years I’ve suffered a perforated ulcer that took forever to recover from (4 hospitalizations), and I feel I already have another ulcer that’s formed! I can tell from the abdominal pain! So an upper endoscopy isn’t too far in my future!

But I’ve also been taking care of my mother who has bones in her legs that keep breaking (morbidly obese forever is taking its toll) and not healing, and she has been immobile for almost a year. We have worked hard to keep her out of a nursing home but it’s getting harder as she’s beginning to lose her health now.

So, I haven’t had a lot of time to be around, though now I’m trying to devote some time to myself again! And coming here is part of what I find comfort in! We have hired a sitting service to give us a break because it was killing the caregivers!! We had to do something!!

So I say hello, once again to all of you!! I used to be Karlottap for those who were around four years ago! I did manage to maintain my weight loss through some miracle!! Thankfully I don’t have that to do over!!

I want to be here to support as many people as I can! Gentle hugs!!

Replies

• akielroki
    akielroki Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good job keeping on track through all of that stress. Chronic stress/pain can deplete your zinc. I found I have more energy since adding a zinc supplement to my routine.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Zinc is one I haven’t thought of supplementing! Thank you for the recommendation!!