Facet injections anyone?

Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
I’m scheduled for these injections to be done in my neck on Valentines Day (yea, happy Valentine’s Day to me huh? Lol!) and I’ve never had them before. Was just wondering if anyone out there has had them. Curious about your opinion of the results you experienced?

I’ve had epidural injections with good results and the radio frequency ablation done with terrible results. Now, a new doctor thinks these will help me. I’m trying to be optimistic and hopeful for a good outcome.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    Options
    I had these done yesterday and am super sore right now. I feel the doctor hit the right spots for my neck pain right now. It was numb for a few hours after, but it woke up, and man did it hurt!

The facet joint is the joint between the vertebrae of the spine. The doctor injected steroid medication at C3, 4, and 5. It was done while under sedation so I don’t remember much about the procedure. I recall rolling onto the table then they cleaned my neck and the next thing I knew he was asking me if I felt like he had gotten the right spots. I replied with an affirmative since it did seem to intensify the pain right then, so I guess that mean he got it where it needed to go.
    Then he was done.

I’m just taking it easy for a couple of days to allow the steroid to take effect and not strain my neck in any way at all!

I hope you’re having a wonderful Friday!! Gentle hugs!!
  • akielroki
    akielroki Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of facet injections so I looked it up. Pretty nifty stuff! I really hope it significantly helps you!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    It’s been an interesting week! These ad a window of recovery that have been tough! The pain has been pretty bad up until yesterday, then it began to get a little better. Hoping it continues. I’m not 100% sold on expected outcome either. Still having some of the pain I expected them to help relieve. Will have to see how this goes over time. Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to see the full effects of the steroid.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Tomorrow will be two weeks since my injections. I don’t feel that I’m getting the relief I expected from them. The pain that I have when I look up, and it radiates down between my shoulders is still there, but the pain that shoots through the right shoulder is about 50% improved.

Overall I would say they were a waste of time, money, and the increased pain from them sucks!! I would definitely say that I haven’t fully recovered from them yet either! I wouldn’t do them again!