Hello! 4 months postpartum and breastfeeding.

Doesn’t seem like a very active group anymore but that’s okay maybe we can revive it a bit?

I’m just saying hello! I’m 33yrs old three children and had my last one in October. I used to be fit, prior soldier, but after I got out and had two more babies .. just kind of lost motivation and my attention was elsewhere. Well with this last pregnancy I read my doctor put in my notes that a risk was that I was obese. 😱😡😬😟 Reality hit, I was. So I made it a goal to start watching closer what I was nourishing my body with and had my precious baby, lost 30lbs within 3 months (I’m sure most of it was water weight) and now I have 22lbs left! Woohoo! But it’s a stubborn 22lbs 😂
If you’re like me and need friends to help motivate you or bring you on their journey, add me! I’ve already ‘met’ a handful of great ladies who motivate me by seeing them crushing their goals. Looking to expand my community!

Replies

• susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    I know we're already friends, but I'm 6 months postpartum and breastfeeding, and I seem to be holding onto that last bit of weight, breastfeeding makes me ravenous. Anyone else have this issue?
  • cdekrey
    cdekrey Posts: 1 Member
    I am only a few weeks post partum but I know from experience with my first two, the weight and fluff did not automatically fall off because of breastfeeding. In fact, I remained about 5 pounds over my normal weight until I weaned the kids at a year. I am hoping to achieve my goals faster this time so I joined this community!
  • Hey guys! I'm 10 months postpartum and from experience with my first baby, I will remain fluffy until I wean. Hormones are the worst! haha I dropped 12 pounds the first 2 weeks after I weaned my first. I"m not going to lie, I wouldn't mind if that is how this one went too!
  • Mewpal
    Mewpal Posts: 1 Member
    5 months pp here! Sooo hungry all the time! I lost probably 20 pounds (lots of water weight while in hosp post csection) in 2 months, and now I've actually gained 5 pounds the past month. I don't want to let myself ever feel hungry because I don't want my supply to drop off. I want to bf for at least another 3 months. Glad to hear that some people quickly lose weight after weaning. I guess I'll just need to be patient and work on strengthening up my core again.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Im now 8 weeks post partum amd just starting to slowly decrease calories so i can get back into non maternity pants. Anyone else? Friends? I have to be a bit careful not to do it too fast since im alreasy on domperidone for milk supply increase.