Best device for swimming??

Options
kristafb
kristafb Posts: 770 Member
Hi all, I've been a long time fitbit user, graduating up the the Alta Hr last year, which I really like but unfortunately due to recent knee & back issues I haven't been doing a whole lot of walking or jogging like I used to. I did join a local gym with a pool and have been doing some swimming and was considering upgrading to one of the fitbits that are good for swimming. Does anyone use theirs for swimming? if so what one do you have & how do you like it? is it accurate??
thanks!

Replies

• VioiletAgnes
    VioiletAgnes Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I had previously been recording my water jogging on mfp as exercise; for 90 minutes based on my weight, mfp calculated around 1,600 calories burned. I started using a spare Charge 3 in my pool workout today. I worked out for 90 minutes but only 33 indicated cardio but fitbit recorded as walking (since I used X-C style). Having a bad knee for over 6 years, working out in the pool is best for my overall health and wanting to lose weight and get strong before TKR in another 6-9 months. I also plan to start using a swim snorkel so to start working on swimming strokes in the pool. :)
  • mycraftyjos
    mycraftyjos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit Sense and bought an adjustable band that fits it so I have the option of wearing on my wrist, upper arm (when at the gym) or on my ankle (when swimming). I haven’t tried it out yet but have high hopes
  • pgreen912
    pgreen912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use a Luxe in the pool but find it doesn't register water aerobics as swimming. I spend a minimum of an hour in the pool, divided between water aerobics and swimming laps (crawl and breaststroke). The Luxe records the laps as swimming but the aerobics as steps. So, to figure out calories burned, I note the calorie tally before getting in the pool and again when I get out. The app later shows a higher number. Not a perfect solution, but gives me a rough estimate. (And I am happy to view the cardio report.) From this, I've been able to calculate an average number of calories burned in the pool.
  • Truckngirl63
    Truckngirl63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Flex 2 is the ONLY Fitbit specifically designed to track swimming. It is very minimalistic. Although they are discontinued, they're still available. Just don't get ripped off, I've seen them going for over $250 on Amazon. I got both of mine from ebay for around $40. It connects to the Fitbit app and also to MFP.