Mini Goal Challenge - Week of Feb 11-17

Options
clicketykeys
clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week! Try to check in throughout the week to reflect on your progress. Even "bad news," if we learn from it, can help us reach our goals!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• clicketykeys
    Options
    1. Write a blog post.
    2. ONE DAY where everything gets weighed and logged accurately.
    3. Week 7-8 plans drafted by Wednesday, finished by Friday.
    4. Zumba Mon/Tue/Thu/Sat; weights Mon/Wed/Sat.
    5. Friday school (or outside) running: 2.5 miles (9 laps) w/o break, aim for 35 minutes. (That should be ~5 m/h?)
    6. Make beef stew this weekend & check recipe & food entries.
    7. Work on bathroom floor. Cut bottles.
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hello Warriors - lets have a week in which we make as many smart choices as possible. that includes foods, activities and deadlines. we can make progress.

Clicketykeys- thanks for getting us started and for keeping things going. You have a lot of goals and I wish you good luck with each of them. Make the best of your day. You can do this.

Molly- I hope you are hanging in there. hope to hear from you soon.

My goals
    1. Over 6,000 steps for 4 days
    2. 2 activity days
    3. Log food 4 days
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

Thanks for getting us started @clicketykeys!

**Goals week of 1/11/19:**

1) WW blue dot day – 0/5
    2) Get in the bed before 12:00 - 0/4
    3) 7000 steps - 0/4
    4) Eat a salad – 0/3

887823.png
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Hi warrior-friends!

@forestrose910 - I find that if I don't make a note of things somewhere that I won't LOSE the note, I forget them. ;D
    @IsMollyReallyHungry - Thanks for joining in!

I think I'm going to change my Wednesday goal from weights class to running outside; the weather is supposed to be nice and maybe I can get my husband to go to the park with me.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Also also, I need to add to my weekend plans - grade the essays for class 4 and the book projects for classes 1-2. And pay for the next course I'm taking. I think that's all.

... that I can think of at the moment XD
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone!

Clicketykeys- I hope you get to run outside today. I understand about making notes to remember. Good luck with them all.

Molly- happy to see you here! How’s the week going?

My week is going fast and not much progress so far. Hang in the all.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Checking in:

1. Blogging is becoming more and more of a challenge because it seems like I'm writing into a void. I've put out a call on Twitter for active blogs to follow and connect with.
    2. Logging - HA HA HA. It's such a struggle.
    3. Lesson plans are finished pending final review today.
    4. Switched Wed/Thu classes for running. I managed 2.43 miles (9 laps) yesterday in 34 minutes. So pretty good with that. So long as I get to the Y tomorrow I'll manage this one.
    5. Planning to run at school once students leave. I've got my clothes, my ipod, and my headphones.
    6. Make beef stew this weekend & check recipe & food entries.
    7. Work on bathroom floor. Cut bottles. Grade essays and book projects and homeworks.

Some of 6 and 7 is going to have to wait until after the official weekend, because we've got Monday and Tuesday off, so on Saturday we're traveling to visit friends and staying through Monday. Sooo there will probably be some diet and exercise challenges there!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Next week our school schedule is wonky due to President's Day and a professional day for meetings and teacher work, so I'd like to get a head start on putting my mini-goals in writing. Plus with the change in plans, now that we're going to be away Sat/Sun, I need to revisit my weekend goals to make sure I don't miss something and frustrate myself. SO!

Weekend mini-goals:

1. Grading. Saturday evening's priority is going to be the essays for the freshmen, followed by the novel analysis projects from the sophomores. Sunday will be homeworks, then the Socratic discussion notes. Monday will be late work. That should take care of everything. If I can actually get through all of that in three days I'll be quite pleased. I'll need to take some of my favorite pens along to help keep me going.
    2. Read and comment on some of the blogs that have been recommended. Read another 10 pages of Capital.
    3. See what gyms are available; it's supposed to rain ALLLLL day Sunday, no breaks.
    4. Take some celery to munch on. Ugh. I'm going to want to eat all the treats :(
    5. HOLY HECK! My course that starts Monday is already available. I can't submit any of the work yet but I can start on it. YES!

Next week:
    1. Monday: Write a blog post. Grocery shopping.
    2. ONE DAY where everything gets weighed and logged accurately.
    3. Tuesday: Beef stew. Portion out for logging and freeze. Work on bathroom floor. Cut bottles.
    4. Zumba Mon/Tue/Thu/Sat; weights Mon/Wed/Sat.
    5. Friday school (or outside) running: 3 miles (11 laps) w/o break, aim for 45 minutes. (That should be ~4 m/h?)
    6. Weekend - work ahead on course. If I can finish the Week 2 work THIS weekend, I'll be all set for the CRUISE we're going on at the beginning of March! WOOOOO!

Oh gosh... the first week's essay is an analysis of our online presence professionally! This will be a GREAT way to talk about the difficulties I'm having with blogging - and maybe even make some connections and encouragement. YAY! I'm starting to get excited about this class :D
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Hey clicketykeys- good plan. Good luck with your blogging today. Have a great week and fun on the weekend.

This past week I did get 4 days of 6,000 steps and 3 days of activity. No logging.