fitbit and MFP, keeping up with exercise and water issues?

Options
Brand new to MFP, been using and loving Fitbit for years. I synced Fitbit, but I am not sure I was seeing exercise or water that Fitbit was counting, on MFP? So I was adding it to MFP. Now my entries look like I've done double the exercise? Water from Fitbit doesn't seem to show up on MFP? I am going back and forth between using MFP app and desktop, I prefer desktop because I can't seem to find how to search for foods (ones I haven't used yet) on the app. Seems like I am still learning but would appreciate any tips or suggestions as I have coerced my best friend to start using MFP so I need to be the expert! Thanks for your help.

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I let fitbit do the exercise, it won't show up until fitbit says you have burned more for the day than MFP thinks you should. I log water in MFP and it transfers over.

I'm not sure about the food problem you're having with the app... I just hit "add food" and a search bar, along with all my recents show up.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Read the FAQ in the stickies for this group to clear up some misunderstandings - read the 1st section a couple of times.

They are not doubled up on Fitbit.

Fitbit's original Activity Record data which is contained within the daily stats, was replaced by the Workout Record data synced from MFP.
    Since the data from MFP only has calories, that's the only thing replaced.
    If you used the same figure creating the MFP workout - then nothing in the daily stats on Fitbit actually changed.

Neither would the data on MFP as far as eating goal or Fitbit adjustment.

And as above - it's also not useful - as the Exercise diary on Fitbit is a whole lot better than on MFP.

MFP for eating related stats and goals - Fitbit for movement related stats and goals.