Mini Goal Challenge - Week of Feb 17-23

Options
clicketykeys
clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week! Try to check in throughout the week to reflect on your progress. Even "bad news," if we learn from it, can help us reach our goals!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi clicketykeys- thanks for getting us started and keeping the group going. Saw your goals on last week’s posts. Have a good week and a fun weekend. So happy the new course is looking good for you.

Molly- have a great week. Hope you are doing okay.

This week I am going to try to get in 4 days of 6000 steps and try to get in some activity days. I will be leaving for a cruise on Saturday and be out of touch for about a week. I am hoping to at least check in to keep my streak going but limiting my online time.

My goal for next week will be to not eat mindlessly and get to the gym or walking track on the boat. We shall see.

• clicketykeys
    Options
    You're so welcome! I'm posting a revision based on being away over the weekend.

This week:
    1. Monday: Write a discussion post. Grading (sophomores).
    2. ONE DAY where everything gets weighed and logged accurately.
    3. Tuesday: Beef stew. Portion out for logging and freeze. Work on bathroom floor. Cut bottles.
    4. Zumba Tue/Thu/Sat; weights Wed/Sat.
    5. Wednesday: Quiz. Draft essay. Grading (freshmen).
    6. Friday school (or outside) running: 3 miles (11 laps) w/o break, aim for 45 minutes. (That should be ~4 m/h?)
    7. Coursework - turn in week 1 by Thursday, week 2 by Sunday.
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Just stopping by to hope everything’s going well so far this week. Have a great day.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Fairly well, except I am REEEALLY tired of all this rain. The ground is SO saturated. Pretty much constant flood watch.

Didn't get the beef stew made but I'll try this weekend. Did get my quiz done yesterday. I haven't done this week's coursework, but that's in major part because I sent the professor a question about it on MONDAY and haven't heard back. When things assigned Monday are due the following Sunday, I'm pretty irked about radio silence for more than half the week!
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Hi ladies, just want to let you know I am going on vacation. Not much opportunity to check in. But I will be thinking of you.

Clicketykeys- I hear your frustration with your coursework. Hang in there. I hope you finish your week strong.

I did get in 3 days with 6,000 steps and figure I will get at least 2 more days in. I also have 3 days of activity.

Have a great weekend and a successful week!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Still nothing. I'm going to have to wing it. :P I'm actually a little worried; this is HIGHLY unusual. I hope the instructor is okay!

Adding some weekend to-dos: need to get the recyclable materials taken to the center, probably Saturday. And it'd be good to go to the used bookstore, since it's in that general direction.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Still nothing. I'm going to have to wing it. :P I'm actually a little worried; this is HIGHLY unusual. I hope the instructor is okay!

Adding some weekend to-dos: need to get the recyclable materials taken to the center, probably Saturday. And it'd be good to go to the used bookstore, since it's in that general direction.

Hello, Did the professor ever get back to you?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Good job everyone!! I have been peeping in, just no time to post, I have had some whirl weeks here and hopefully things are going to settle down some :)
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Heard back from the prof. He's okay, but his mom died :(

Hope things calm down for you Molly! Things are a little hectic for me right now but in a good way. ;) More later I hope! Now off to take my quiz for this week. Fingers crossed...
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi ladies, just want to let you know I am going on vacation. Not much opportunity to check in. But I will be thinking of you.

Clicketykeys- I hear your frustration with your coursework. Hang in there. I hope you finish your week strong.

I did get in 3 days with 6,000 steps and figure I will get at least 2 more days in. I also have 3 days of activity.

Have a great weekend and a successful week!
    Hope you have a great vacation Paulette! We will be here when you return!