Options
13»

Replies

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    lalabank wrote: »
    Birthday Pass Day!

That is my third pass. A very enjoyable weekend filled with carbs and calories and cocktails. My husband and I are pretty strict Keto, for him it is Dr’s orders to address a hereditary cholesterol issue for me it’s just being part of our team. Four times a year we have decadent weekends, this was one of them.
    We still made lots of healthy decisions and neither one of us had a dramatic scale change. But this morning I’m happy to be back to our normal eating plan.

Seems to be several birthdays this week. Happy birthday!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? NOT QUITE
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO

This was the first time since my dad has been staying with us (first time in 10 months!) hubby and I took a day trip for the entire day. Had a nice time!

That is an excellent mental health choice day!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    @Kwinnero Do you mind sharing what kind of surgery you had? And what kind of training you usually do? I'm having surgery this year to donate my kidney to a friend and curious how long others are taking to recover from their surgery (even if it is a different one) and get back to training. Of course I'm currently on limited training after surgery to fix a broken arm as well. This year didn't exactly go as planned so far

Hi Dory, I don't mind at all!! I guess if I can't talk about it here where can I talk about it? I basically just had the second repair surgery on what was a pretty major breast reduction surgery in 2017. I've actually learned allot about myself during this process. I recognize now that I have a very high tolerance for pain while also having an incredible ability to push myself too far. When I was supposed to be healing and taking my doctor's advice, I started to realize those qualities were more like my little enemies over the last two years. I listened to my doctor to an extent but when he started to say things like "ok Krystal, I'm giving you permission to do what you feel comfortable doing" BIG mistake! I believe that is where I went wrong and eventually the incision opened from the inside which just adds months to the healing process. I was ready to heal but my skin was not of the same mind set. I have since learned to slow down and stop rushing the natural order of things and if I could do it all again, I would definitely take better care of myself. If the doctor says take a day or two, take 3 or 4! If you have to wonder if your doctor will approve a certain workout then for your own peace of mind just don't do it. I went through a totally different scenario (yours is much more admiral though :) because I've gone under the knife 3 times in 2 years and with my last surgery being in early February I've been super nervous to do anything besides walking. Walk walk walk walk that's all I ever do. But if I don't I'll go crazy so I'll take what I can get for now. As soon as I'm comfortable and completely healed with no question I'll get back to using all the equipment at the gym and swimming laps.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    @Kwinnero Do you mind sharing what kind of surgery you had? And what kind of training you usually do? I'm having surgery this year to donate my kidney to a friend and curious how long others are taking to recover from their surgery (even if it is a different one) and get back to training. Of course I'm currently on limited training after surgery to fix a broken arm as well. This year didn't exactly go as planned so far

Hi Dory, I don't mind at all!! I guess if I can't talk about it here where can I talk about it? I basically just had the second repair surgery on what was a pretty major breast reduction surgery in 2017. I've actually learned allot about myself during this process. I recognize now that I have a very high tolerance for pain while also having an incredible ability to push myself too far. When I was supposed to be healing and taking my doctor's advice, I started to realize those qualities were more like my little enemies over the last two years. I listened to my doctor to an extent but when he started to say things like "ok Krystal, I'm giving you permission to do what you feel comfortable doing" BIG mistake! I believe that is where I went wrong and eventually the incision opened from the inside which just adds months to the healing process. I was ready to heal but my skin was not of the same mind set. I have since learned to slow down and stop rushing the natural order of things and if I could do it all again, I would definitely take better care of myself. If the doctor says take a day or two, take 3 or 4! If you have to wonder if your doctor will approve a certain workout then for your own peace of mind just don't do it. I went through a totally different scenario (yours is much more admiral though :) because I've gone under the knife 3 times in 2 years and with my last surgery being in early February I've been super nervous to do anything besides walking. Walk walk walk walk that's all I ever do. But if I don't I'll go crazy so I'll take what I can get for now. As soon as I'm comfortable and completely healed with no question I'll get back to using all the equipment at the gym and swimming laps.

Thanks for sharing. My friend had a double mastectomy a few years ago and although she obeyed all the doctors instructions one of the implants didn't take properly and she needed a second surgery. It still isn't 100% so she takes extra cautions at training to prevent it flipping (which has happened a few times). We train in a grappling form of martial arts so there is lots of body contact and pressure.

I'm so blessed to have an amazing team of friends who help me through recovery and enough of them are medical professionals so if I'm unsure and can't see my doctor, they can give me advice around things. If I'm still unsure, I tend to be cautious instead. I understand how important it is for proper recovery and I'm ready to be patient in the sport term so I can continue training long term.

My biggest challenge at present is that I've gotten lazy in the 3 weeks since surgery for my broken arm and now I'm fighting to get out of the rut. But I'm making progress...
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    March 17

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes -- 34 minute trail run and 30 minute hike

Not sure if this is Pass Day 2 or 3 for me. I think 2?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,016 Member
    Options

@Dory_42
    My kidney donor walked post surgery & was back to jogging (slowly) at somewhat about 4-6 weeks post surgery. You are an 😇 to donate❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,016 Member
    Options
    March 17
    Yes x3
    6 min walking + 5,036 steps
    Tracked all
    Under 76 cal
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42
    My kidney donor walked post surgery & was back to jogging (slowly) at somewhat about 4-6 weeks post surgery. You are an 😇 to donate❣️

Yeah, I've heard is important to start walking as soon as possible and that's my plan. I didn't do that with my broken arm because I didn't think of it as important but I really should have. Breaking the lazy rut now though! My chosen sport will take a bit longer as it does involve lots of core and pressure on the abdomen but I plan to get back to exercise asap!
    I'm glad your kidney is doing well. Trusting mine will love is new home when it gets there.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    March 17, 2019

Planned Pass day 4/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    3/17
    3x-Yes! Sorr, just noticed I forgot to log this :D
  • lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes exercised 20 minutes
    Yes stayed within net calories
    Yes logged everything

This week is a conference so I’ll have to ballpark everything with the catering