Introduce myself

Hey all,

I'm Elijah and new to Crossfit.

A little about me: 40 year old estate planning and tax lawyer, husband, and father of two girls. I love DIY home improvement projects and outdoor activities.

My wife and I are on a health improvement journey and fat loss is a big part of that plan. Crossfit seems to fit my goals pretty perfectly - I hope it fits my wife's goals too. I'm a former high school and college performance athlete and love a challenge. Crossfit is filled with challenges and a supportive team/family atmosphere, which is where I tend to thrive.

I've heard that diet is 80-90% of health. Taking on performance/athletic challenges influences me to eat clean - I need a performance goal to meet.

I signed up for 4 obstacle course races, but Crossfit seems to be a better long-term fit.

I'm excited to be part of the Crossfit community. My wife and I will be joining a local Crossfit box soon so we can start this stage of our journey together. SO EXCITED!!

My goals at the beginning of my journey (February, 2018):

1) Run a mile - done
2) Do pull-ups - done
3) Blood pressure 120/80 - done
4) 20% body fat - still working. Now at 29.6%, down from ~ 40.6%.

New goals:

1) 20% body fat
2) Do a handstand
3) Do 10 strict pull-ups unbroken
4) Do 10 devil presses/man makers 55 lbs unbroken

It will be great to meet all of you and learn about your goals and progress. Keep pushing!!

Replies

• shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome!!!! I’ve been on injury reserve so I have not been consistent line I used to and scaling a lot of the workouts. Good luck with all your goals. It’s nice to have a plan. I need to redo mine but these knee issues just won’t let up.