Any Beer Drinkers/Home Brewers Out There ?

Options
mheebner
mheebner Posts: 285 Member
Just was wondering if there are any beer connoisseur's in the Royal Order ? What do you guys like to drink ? Having a brother that owns a liquor store that specializes in micro/import beers I get the chance to try a lot of different types from all over the place. I tend to stick with ales, and various hefeweizen/wheat beers. I am NOT a fan of IPA's as seems to be the trend these days...but I do like an occasional hoppy beer if nicely balanced.
Some of what I enjoy:

Miller Brewing
Miller Lite...my go to thirst quenching beer. If I am trying to keep a low profile (as in not catching a buzz) or doing yard/house work I love me an ice cold Miller.

Milwaukee Brewing Company:
Louie's Demise..., medium bodied amber ale with smooth hop finish. Pretty damn tasty. Also sorta local to SE Wisconsin.
Ulao... brewed with barley malt, wheat malt, and oats to create a smooth golden ale. This might be my ALL TIME favorite. I really enjoy this beer but unfortunately it can only be gotten in growlers from the brewery.

Huyghe Brewery
Delerium Tremons....Another awesome favorite although very pricey. Pretty commonplace in gastropubs so if you have one near you, make a point to try this !!

Central Waters Brewery
Belgium Blonde Ale....this is a decent blonde ale, pretty tasty and refreshing. Again this is pretty limited to SE WI.

SO what are some of your favorites ? I can search out most if not all local and micro brews for sampling so if it sounds good I might have my brother bring it in to try.

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I think you will find there are Many Beer lovers in this group. My go to beer is Yuengling. I just love it. I brew small batches of beer using 2 Mr.Beer kegs. I like to play with different flavors and styles. Got a Octoberfest in one fermenter now. Will be bottling that this week. Got a Jalapeno Porter in the other, it still needs another 3 weeks or so in Fermentation.
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink beer anymore and never tried many of the micro or imports.

I did have get a six pack of something up your way (I think it was from Wisconsin) once, think it was called Spotted Cow, or something like that. I liked it.

A lot of my friends like the beers offered by Great Lakes Brewing Company. Might be worth trying if you are interested.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I enjoy various porters but a jalapeno porter has me VERY interested. Keep me in the loop when you get around to drinking it. I curious to know how it is (or have you brewed this before ?)

I like Yuengling as well. I have family in Maryland and always make a point of grabbing a 12 pack to drink when visiting.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    I enjoy various porters but a jalapeno porter has me VERY interested. Keep me in the loop when you get around to drinking it. I curious to know how it is (or have you brewed this before ?)

I like Yuengling as well. I have family in Maryland and always make a point of grabbing a 12 pack to drink when visiting.

No i have never made a Jalapeno porter before, my first experiment with it. I have done various apple juice and Cranberry juice infused beers and they turn out pretty nice. I have about three more weeks in the fermenter then I will bottle. I will keep you informed.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Bottled my Octoberfest tonight. Came in just under 4% abv. Great Amber color and just a tad sweet. Can not wait for it to carbonate and chill. The one problem with making beer is waiting.