Log workout in Up or MFP?

Options
hteepeg
hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
Good morning everyone,

Do you log your workouts in MFP or Up? Do you find there is a difference? I do 90 minutes of martial arts training twice a week. I have been logging it in MFP but it isn't showing in my Up app. I logged the workout in my Up app yesterday and now I have a -837 calorie reading in MFP.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Heather

Replies

• morgain5
    morgain5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I log what I can in MFP. UP helps me maintain my sleep schedule and is motivation to keep moving.
    I know logging food in MFP syncs over to UP. But with workouts NOT transferring, I prefer to keep those where I log my calories.
  • hteepeg
    Options
    I log what I can in MFP. UP helps me maintain my sleep schedule and is motivation to keep moving.
    I know logging food in MFP syncs over to UP. But with workouts NOT transferring, I prefer to keep those where I log my calories.

Good point. I think I will keep logging my workouts in MFP. Thanks!
  • sstan03
    sstan03 Posts: 102
    Options
    one word of caution, MFP does not do a real good job of calculating calories burned during exercise. I will try to find the article that was written about this. I stopped entering it in MFP and have been using the UP. MFP showed more calories burned than the UP in my exercises.
  • aleedol17
    aleedol17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had the UP for about a month and I noticed the same thing sstan03 did, mfp does not do a good job of calculating calories burned, it definitely overestimates. I still log the exercise in for accountability but realize that it is wildly inaccurate. I only go by my 1400 calorie goal. UP has really made me realize how little calories I burn even with exercise reminding me to watch how many calories I am consuming and to stick to my goals.
  • hteepeg
    Options
    I am noticing that when I log my workouts on Up, the calorie burn does show up in MFP. It just doesn't show up as a separate activity. I'm ok with that if the calorie allotment is more accurate. I think I'll switch over for a week and see which one I like better.