March you going to lift?

Options
2»

Replies

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,739 Member
    Options
    Looks good @DaivaSimone !

DB bench press 30 lb 3 x 5 then had to go to 27.5 lb 2 x 8. My get up and go got up and went today.
    Lat pulldowns: 1 x 10, 1 x 9, 1 x 8 @ 50 lb per side
    Tried to do seated rows and didn't feel up to it.
    Stationary bike 30 minutes with intervals (going 8-11 resistance)
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Good workout!!

This group is much more quiet than it was 3 years ago. Where is everybody? ;)

Today was workout A.

Warm up: 20 minutes on the elliptical + stretch, body weight squats and sun salute

Squats: 1 x 65 - 65 lbs, 1 x 5 - 85 lbs (oops. i can't count in plates) 5 x 5 - 75 lbs

OHP: 1 x 5 - 25 lbs, 1 x 5 - 35 lbs, 5 x 5 @ 45 lbs

Deadlift: 1 x 5 - 115 lbs

Stretch and foam roll.

I'm starting to feel pain in my right elbow and right knee, where I was previously injured in my first Stronglift round (epicondilitis in the elbow and anserina bursitis in the knee), so I'm gessing that I'm still going too fast with the weight progression. I'll stay with these numbers for the next 2 weeks and I'll ask one of the gym fellaw for a form check. And will eventually deload if needed, because I don't have time to nurse any injury with the baby that wants my arms all the time (and the little girl too, if I want to be honest ;) ).
  • Rach139mfp
    Rach139mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow starts day 1 of StrongLifts. I’ve done various workouts over the years, but I just want to get back to basics and build my strength. I *hate* “cardio.” I like hiking and walking with the family, when we’re actually GOING somewhere, but plodding along on a treadmill or elliptical makes me feel like rubbing my forehead with a cheese grater.

As a newb, has anyone done StrongLifts with a keto plan? What macros do you recommend?
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have not ever paid attention to macros or carbs while lifting.,,, usually trying to lose via calorie deficit in general... but high carb/protein days seem to improve lifting as well as running.

As a heads up, although “runger” (hunger post run)isn’t usually a thing for me... after a good lifting session,I want ALL the food..... but, my diet is much more forgiving while lifting, and body composition (measurements) is WAY BETTER while lifting

Ps, I was back on the wagon enough I considered making a 2020 March update thread .., but if it is ok with y’all 2019’s thread may work just fine for now!