Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

New to You

Options
jilbay
jilbay Posts: 3 Member
So excited to be joining a group that enjoys walking. Living in the South gives me the opportunity to walk outdoors throughout the year and when the weather's bad I walk at home. Looking forward to walking thru the year with you!

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Group. Be sure to check in to the Monthly challenge thread. Most of our talking happens there. I'm in Michigan so I haven't walked outside since October.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,591 Member
    Options
    Welcome jilbay. I'm from the South too - Alabama. I'm grateful for walking workouts too. We don't get much snow but we have have had some kind of monopoly on rain lately. :)
    Glad you joined us.

• JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jilbay. I am in SE TX but for me it gets to hot to walk outside unless I do it as the sun comes up but this body don't get up that early. LOL Enjoy the group I know I have
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @jilbay, I'm from South Central Texas area. where the walking DVDs come in most handy during the summer, unless I happen to be awake before the sun comes up and want to venture outside :noway: . They also come in handy on our several freeze and way too cold for me days.

I invite you to walk on over to our current Monthly Walk Challenge. When you get there please read the Welcome/ Information letter on top of the first page of the month, and you will learn how to join in any day of the month that want to!

Hope to see you there B) .

:flowerforyou:
  • mommyz51
    mommyz51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group. I'm 68 and trying hard to stay in shape. I wonder if anyone here has purchased the Walk 15 set by Leslie, and if so how do you like it?
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,591 Member
    Options
    mommyz51 wrote: »
    I am new to this group. I'm 68 and trying hard to stay in shape. I wonder if anyone here has purchased the Walk 15 set by Leslie, and if so how do you like it?

This one is brand new, isn't it? Maybe soon someone will get it and post about it. Maybe knjnolt - another member here will know more about it. She's a pal of mine here. I will ask her to post what she knows here.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    mommyz51 wrote: »

This one is brand new, isn't it? Maybe soon someone will get it and post about it. Maybe knjnolt - another member here will know more about it. She's a pal of mine here. I will ask her to post what she knows here.

From what I have understood was that so far "Walk 15" has only been available by streaming/ downloading and by subscription only on the Walk at Home website.
    Since "rumor" has had it for a while now, that DVDs would someday be available, I checked for any new news on Leslie Sansones' Walk at Home web site. Apparently DVDs are now available for $39.95 USD. I could not find them for sale anywhere else that I Googled for.

I do not know what the S/H will be as there is a note when the item is placed in the cart: "*All shipping and handling charges will be fully disclosed prior to your order being finalized. This will be done in the order review process and before final checkout." Perhaps S/H is based on buyers' location?

If what is on the website is the cover art for the DVD set, it will be the first DVD cover that I am aware of that does not feature a smiling photo of Leslie on it.

Hope that this helps.

:flowerforyou: