What Inspired You?

guitargirl55
guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
What was it that flipped the switch for you and drove you to dive into fitness? Is that still what is driving you today?

Replies

• guitargirl55
    I'll start!

For me, the initial thing that drove me to work on my fitness was feeling totally unattractive. I remember going out to the bar with my friend and watching her get hit on and feeling so lonely and sad that it was never me that someone wanted to talk to. I felt fat and gross, and I decided I didn’t want to feel that way anymore – so I started getting fit and I lost a bunch of weight.

A few years later, I have gained some fat back, and I want to tone up again. My motivation has changed a lot. I don’t feel completely unattractive because I have gained a few pounds, but I do feel less healthy. I feel slower, and my clothes don’t fit as well and I just feel like I am not living my best life. I loved feeling fit, strong, and confident – I want that feeling back. That is what drives me now.
  • laurenwoolcock7
    laurenwoolcock7 Posts: 3 Member
    I just realized how heavy I had gotten. I went to buy jeans and I was two sizes larger than I had been the last time I bought them. I decided I wasn't going to be that way anymore. I want to feel good about myself again.
  • guitargirl55
    @laurenwoolcock7 I had a pair of pants not fit me yesterday and it hit me hard!