Recommendations

rswood62
rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
I dont have an insta pot but heard alot about them. Wondering what is best brand to buy at a decent price and how easy are they to use?

Replies

• sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    I have an Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 qt that I bought from amazon. I think I managed to catch it when it was on sale - it's listed for $79.95 at the moment (with Prime) but I'm sure I got mine for closer to $60, so maybe keep an eye on to see if it goes on sale. I've also seen them rarely stock at Tuesday Morning, which can be much cheaper! =]

I love it! It's super easy to use. It made me a little bit nervous at first (boiling water under pressure, and all...), but I've had no issues whatsoever. Recipes for the Instant Pot can seem a little intimidating at first, since there are a few different settings that need to be input, depending on the recipe, but the machine itself is really quite intuitive. =] It has some presets for things like rice but I honestly don't use them, I just use recipes I've found online.

Mine gets used at least three times a week - sometimes more if I'm in a hurry! It has completely replaced my rice cooker (the Instant Pot makes way better rice than my rice cooker did), I use it to cook dried beans, and it can make perfect potatoes (russet or sweet), too, so it's helped me keep some of my staple foods stocked and ready to go throughout the week!
  • baygirl2019
    baygirl2019 Posts: 54 Member
    I have a 6 quart Instant Pot Ultra and a 3 quart Instant Pot Duo Mini. They both have their places. I use the big pot for main courses and the mini pot for side dishes. So you can be making Mongolian beef in one pot and rice in the other.
  • Selftami
    Selftami Posts: 6 Member
    :smile: I am new to the group here but i did receive about 6 mths ago the instantpot 3 qt from my sister and i love it so much i ordered the 6 qt duo at christmas time. Well worth the investment! however, it was Christmas and i was able to get a steal. Seriously, it is so versatile. easy to use and pretty cool to see how foods come together.