April 2014 Babies

Options

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    toothpastechi-

I popped to the doctors last week as I kept having dizzy spells where I would be stood up and would suddenly start seeing stars and getting weak.
    She checked my Blood Pressure and said it was a little low which is probably causing it.
    She said a lot of it (including headaches) is probably caused by lack of fluid too, said I should be drinking even more when pregnant and to be honest I hadn't upped it before she said.

My doctor told me this too. I'm trying to POUND the water, especially because I've been craving salty foods like pickles and crackers. I've never been sensitive to salt but I find now that I have to either closely watch my salt intake or drink boatloads of water, otherwise my weight goes up temporarily and my rings are tight in the morning. Anyone else noticing this? It's crazy! I've starting taking my rings off at night - they used to almost slide around on my fingers! They still do in the middle of the day but in the am I can hardly get them off.
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been having a lot of dizzy spells too. Found out I have low blood pressure and low iron levels. Solution is lots of water and 20 -28 mg of ferrous sulfate. It has also helped increase my energy levels, no longer sleeping all the time.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good here.. 17 weeks now- hoping to start feeling some movement soon, the midwife said this kid is a wiggle worm and since then I've been paying more attention to my body to see if I feel anything unusual. Maybe I do?

I've been getting very fatigued lately.. a few months ago I could run a mile, now walking up the steps gets me winded... I didn't think I'd feel so "pregnant" for another few months.

Hope everyone's doing well!
  • MrsNolf
    MrsNolf Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommies - I'm back on MFP after a detrimental prolonged absence =( I'm 17.5 weeks and have already gained 15 lbs. So here I am looking for mommy inspiration! This is our first, due April 15 and I'm so excited- as I'm sure you all are!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ahhh so excited I found this!! I am due April 14th with our first! We are having a boy!! Congrats to all you ladies!!!
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ahhh so excited I found this!! I am due April 14th with our first! We are having a boy!! Congrats to all you ladies!!!

Welcome!
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sorry-double post
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Congrats and welcome!
  • thatTOPSlady
    Options
    April 7th :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I'm due on April 20th (Easter Sunday) with my third. My first 2 were very overdue though, 10 days and 12 days, so this could end up being a May baby!

I've got my scan tomorrow and we'll find out the gender. We get scans at 12 weeks and 20 weeks in England, where i live.

I'm eating slightly below maintenance calories, which is still 300 more calories a day than I was eating, and I'm working out an average of 4 times a week. My BMI was 24.9 when I first got pregnant, so only just in the healthy range! I put on loads of weight in my 2nd pregnancy, so I worry a lot about weight gain.
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    It is official, I'm having another boy! So that makes four boys for me :heart:

*I could really use some suggestions for more boy names :tongue:
  • DawnieB1977
    Options

What are your other boys called? I have one boy (so far!) called Jack.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Im just back from my 20 week scan and found out we're having another girl! We have a boy who's 4.5 and a girl who's 2.5 already.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I never updated, we're having a boy! Our due date is now April 13th. =) Hooray, 22 weeks tomorrow!
    294lbur.jpg
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My baby girl (Rylie Victoria) is due April 23! I'm 20 weeks today... officially HALFWAY! :)
  • BadAtitude
    Options

Samuel, Nicolas & Ryan.... I really like Jackson but it got vetoed because it's to popular. I don't get that since all my boys names have been on the popular list at some point.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options

Samuel, Nicolas & Ryan.... I really like Jackson but it got vetoed because it's to popular. I don't get that since all my boys names have been on the popular list at some point.

Like I said, my son is Jack, which was actually the no.1 most popular boy's name in England at the time, but we both loved the name, and it really suits him. I'm a teacher, so naming my kids has been quite hard, although with girls it's easier as there's more choice! My daughter is called Maya. For this one we like Zoë.

Boys names I'd thought of in case this one was a boy........Isaac, Noah, Luke, Liam, Ben, Tom... I also like Chris and Matthew, but we have those in our family already.

It's interesting the difference between popular names over here, and in the US. Ryan is very popular here. So is Jordan, for both girls and boys.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Its a girl! And I had "elevated glucose levels" in my pee yesterday...so I am getting sent for my gestational diabetes test 2 weeks early. (Still not until after Christmas though....so I can live in blissful ignorance over the holidays...)
  • amadrian8
    Options
    hi everyone, I'm new here.
    I'm almost 22 wks (this sunday) with my first baby who is confirmed to be a little boy! We are so exited! My EDD is April 13th :)
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Its a girl! And I had "elevated glucose levels" in my pee yesterday...so I am getting sent for my gestational diabetes test 2 weeks early. (Still not until after Christmas though....so I can live in blissful ignorance over the holidays...)

Does everyone get the glucose tolerance test in the US? We only get checked in England if we have a family history of diabetes (I do so have to have it) or a BMI above 30. Or if they find glucose in your pee. We have the test at 28 weeks.

Enjoy your Xmas chocolates :smile: