This April I Will...

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
edited April 2019 in Social Groups
vdrjxf8ncjrz.jpg

Hello Spring!

Today was the day I always look forward to. After seeing my small herb garden take a pounding from snow, sleet, ice and wind over the last few months, today I ventured out, brushed away the pine needles, oak leaves and other debris, tilled the now unfrozen New Hampshire soil, and planted my arugula and Spring lettuce. A bit early, I know, but I have great faith in my little plants.

I love Spring! A time for growth, renewal and boundless possibilities.

What would you like to achieve this month? What healthy habit would you like to start or continue to work on from March?

If you are joining us for the first time, welcome! We are glad you are here. Let us know what your goal is and how we can help. And if you're joining us midway through the month, you don't have to wait for May to get started. Start now and you'll be that much further ahead. If you're looking for ideas, our list of previous challenges may be useful.

If it's useful to you, you might frame your goal along these lines:

1. My goal for this month (This April I will...")
2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal
3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?
6. What help do you need from us?
7. What does success look like to you at the end of April?

Let's make it happen!

Replies

• lindsayann135
    lindsayann135 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1. My goal for this month (This April I will...") Track my good/drink and stay within calorie limits every day
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal,
    Logging everything into MyFitPal every day
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit,
    Walking in the morning or during the day
    Daily
    Kombucha? Lol Maybe listen to music, I’ll have to work on thinking about rewards
    The advice boards have been helpful!
    Ive lost a few more lbs at least, feel less bloated and have tracked everything every day
  • themedalist
    edited April 2019
    Options
    1. My goal for this month (This April I will...") Track my good/drink and stay within calorie limits every day
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal,
    Logging everything into MyFitPal every day
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit,
    Walking in the morning or during the day
    Daily
    Kombucha? Lol Maybe listen to music, I’ll have to work on thinking about rewards
    The advice boards have been helpful!
    Ive lost a few more lbs at least, feel less bloated and have tracked everything every day

Welcome, @lindsayann135 to our group! I think you have a great goal set for yourself this month. One of our members @PackerFanInGB made this her March goal and she diligently logged her food everyday. And she shed quite a few pounds last month. Logging works!

We are here to support and encourage you. You can do this!
  • themedalist
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    @themedalist, Thank you for inspiring me to also focus on my sleep this month. I had no idea what I was going to do for April.

1. My goal for this month (This April I will...") To get at least 8 hours of sleep each night.

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal. I have the app Insight Timer and it has bedtime meditations to help you fall asleep.

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit. I have set an alarm to remind me to prepare for bed. I usually soak in a hot bath before bed.

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will turn on music as soon as I wake up instead of the news.

6. What help do you need from us? Encouragement.

7. What does success look like to you at the end of April? Success will be hopefully a healthier mind and body. My achy body needs rest.

Excellent @PinkyPan1! I think you'll be pleased what a difference more sleep makes. And I like your "music instead of news" reward!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I LOVed my March goal of scheduling focused time at 12:30 to study every day that I’m home. I will continue that habit but am adding something new related to moving more (that was a previous goal). I read Younger Next Year and realize I can’t slack off any more. I calculated my heart rate goal from 60% to 90% at 5% increments but my Fitbit died for good and the batteries to my Polar HRM couldn’t be revived after a year in the drawer so I couldn’t use them. But I know I still did OK. New Fitbit charge should be here tomorrow🤞

1) my goal for this month: This April I will do 45 minutes of aerobic exercise 6 days a week and keep my heart rate in the desired range based on Younger Next Year recommendations.
    2) The small actions Ill be taking to accomplish this goal: do Just Dance. Go outside every afternoon after study time. (Gardening, walking, birding, hiking...all fun active things that will help me meet my 45 minute goal).
    3) The trigger or cue remember to do the habit: I will put the coffee on in the morning and do a Just a Dance while it brews. After my study time about 3:00 I’m ready to move so I will go outside or do a DVD then.
    4) How often will you do your new habit? 6 days a week when possible.
    5) What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I have a monthly chart to keep track of my success.
    6) What help do you need from us? the positive feedback and suggestions this group always provides❣️
    7) What does success look like to you at the end of the month? I will feel better and have increased endurance level and will working towards being younger next year.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,845 Member
    Options
    Because I’m starting the month with a road trip, I feel like I’m setting myself up for failure, but I really want to do this. I can’t really pre-log very accurately when I’m unsure where we’ll be eating the next day. Still, even if the first week doesn’t work, I can try to get it accomplished.

1. This April I will stay under my fat goal at least 3 days per week.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal is to pre-log my meals the night before.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit is sitting down to watch TV.
    4. How often will you do your new habit . I will pre-log daily.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will give myself an emoticon in my food notes.
    6. What help do you need from us? Encouraging words and accountability.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of April? I’ll have a better handle on on my diary.

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Welcome @LeslieW77 This is a great group to start this journey. You will get lots of support and love here. Your April goals seem doable and I have complete confidence in you!

@themedalist Hello Dear Friend! I have missed you. Thank you for always inspiring us. Good luck with this month's challenge!

@PinkyPan1 Good Luck!! Soaking in a bath before bed sounds wonderful!

@77tes Have fun on your road trip. Where are you going? Pre logging will surely make it easier. Good luck!

@MadisonMolly2017 Love the reward!! The joy of being surrounded by items you've made!! LOVE IT!

1. My goal for this month (This April I will...") Get more sleep and continue to eat as healthy as I can
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Have a night time routine and prep my meals
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: Sleep by 10, meal prep everynight.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) EVERYDAY!
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will feel good both physically and mentally.
    6. What help do you need from us? Your love and support as always!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of April? My birthday so I will have a great month to celebrate another year of life.

Sorry I have been missing in action. Work has kept me busy and when I am off all I do is sleep. You are all doing great and I am happy this group continues to blossom.
  • katlinmariel
    katlinmariel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1. This April I will go to the gym at least 3x a week
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: signing up for classes at my gym, have my mom and boyfriend be my accountability partners
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: driving right by the gym everyday after work, I keep my clothes in my car so there is no reason not to stop
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): ideally everyday, but so I dont set myself up for failure, Im starting small
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit: logging my workouts and seeing the calories I ate that day disappear
    6. What help do you need from us: add me! interact with me! I thrive off of seeing other people succeeding, its so motivating and inspiring. I feel like I'm letting myself and others down if I don't put in the effort to commune and interact with those who put in the effort to do that for me.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of April: feeling more comfortable at the gym and finding at least one class I enjoy

April 1 - information about my company's corporate account at LA Fitness
    April 2 - signing up for LA Fitness through work
    April 3 - My first gym session! I used to be a runner, and when I got on the treadmill I realized how far I had fallen from where I was a couple of years ago.
    April 4 - My mom and I have plans to go to the offered yoga class at 4:30 today. It'll be my second time ever doing yoga so I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm excited to try something new!