Feeling liberated

Options
mo2go
mo2go Posts: 29 Member
Hi, Just getting back into MFP.. I had joined Slimming World and initially it was slow but stead, then I noticed how short tempered I had become. Now having gone back to recording every food I eat I can see that although some foods are free on SW they are full of sugar and Cholesterol. So I am liberated, I have stopped going and feel free of the feelings of doom and gloom every week day I was due to go and get weighted. I did this myself before and will do this myself again.

Replies

• luaP852350
    luaP852350 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nice one, an welcome along 👍
  • Porkieyorkie28
    Porkieyorkie28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I quit SW in January after more than 10 years. It worked well initially then stopped. Now I am enjoying food that I want without having to force myself to eat half a plate of veg or feeling guilty from using too many syns! Im actually eating less as a result and feel so much better.
  • julieat1960
    julieat1960 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Slimming world wasn't working well for me I need to be accountable for every last calorie if I am to lose weight, and the fact was cheat days and starving yourself before weigh in just doesn't work in the long term. I so got this now.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    SW and WW have their place, I went to WW for a while, turns out it only made me feel bad though it worked for others. The basic principle of losing weight is determination and it sounds like you have that in bucket loads so I'm sure this journey will go well for you. Good luck!