Fitbit Versa?

2»

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    sisu_gal wrote: »
    I did some research on this because I used to be a triathlete and was hoping to track my swims. Versa or Versa lite do not track swimming. Saw it on the Fitbit website.

My husband has a versa and it accurately tracks his swimming lengths every week.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    I have just bought a Versa 2. I've only been swimming once with it, but it seemed to track it fine.

I'm not sure how frequently I'll wear it for swimming, as I don't really like placing expensive electronics in hydrochloric acid, not matter how dilute.

I don't know how well it would work for outdoor swimming, as it has no in-built GPS.
  • I just got the Lite version and I love it except for the fact that it is so sensitive on the step counter it’s saying I’m doing way more than I am. Kind of makes me question how accurate everything else is.
    Also, I’ve heard many people say they’ve had problems with the display after swimming with it and completely drying it like they say to.. anyone try swimming with it yet?

While it's water resistant up to 50 feet in depth, it's not waterproof. Unfortunately, the Versa isn't made for swimming.
  • SuperStarSuperMum
    SuperStarSuperMum Posts: 17 Member
    I got the Fitbit Versa 2 at Christmas and it’s amazing I love it, has Alexa on it too
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Curious, do any of you shower with it? I always take it off, just wondering.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    I take mine off - it is an opportunity to recharge it whilst I'm being relatively sedentary.
  • crsalyers
    crsalyers Posts: 3 Member
    I've worn Fitbits for a long time (as in, several years). My latest purchase after a Charge 3 was the Versa Lite. I loved it, especially setting the sleep function to sensitive to get a real picture of sleep quality. However, when their new Firmware was released, it just stopped working. Wouldn't sync, time was off, etc. After numerous tires to resolve it, I spent 1.5 hours chatting with an agent trying to fix it. She finally gave up and told me they would send a new one, which they did. I got this one sometime fall of 2019. It was fine until another Firmware update, and then it wasn't recognizing the device and not syncing. I just restarted it and am hoping it's back on track again. Sometimes, after an update, it seems like some "bugs" get worked out. Overall, I love the power of Fitbits but I have had a lot of issues with screens cracking (on my Charge 2), sporadically not syncing, and so on. I believe they need better QC before release devices AND Firmware updates. Right now, I'm trying to figure out why my FB won't sync to MFP! I selected it and it's linked but not syncing. I have had very good customer service from Fitbit, though, and have replaced two Fitbits with no problem when something went wrong with them and still under warranty. I'm a fan, but increasingly frustrated one!!! Oh, also, I have swam and showed with my FB on and it didn't cause a problem but I don't do that on a regular basis.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    crsalyers wrote: »
    I've worn Fitbits for a long time (as in, several years). My latest purchase after a Charge 3 was the Versa Lite. I loved it, especially setting the sleep function to sensitive to get a real picture of sleep quality. However, when their new Firmware was released, it just stopped working. Wouldn't sync, time was off, etc. After numerous tires to resolve it, I spent 1.5 hours chatting with an agent trying to fix it. She finally gave up and told me they would send a new one, which they did. I got this one sometime fall of 2019. It was fine until another Firmware update, and then it wasn't recognizing the device and not syncing. I just restarted it and am hoping it's back on track again. Sometimes, after an update, it seems like some "bugs" get worked out. Overall, I love the power of Fitbits but I have had a lot of issues with screens cracking (on my Charge 2), sporadically not syncing, and so on. I believe they need better QC before release devices AND Firmware updates. Right now, I'm trying to figure out why my FB won't sync to MFP! I selected it and it's linked but not syncing. I have had very good customer service from Fitbit, though, and have replaced two Fitbits with no problem when something went wrong with them and still under warranty. I'm a fan, but increasingly frustrated one!!! Oh, also, I have swam and showed with my FB on and it didn't cause a problem but I don't do that on a regular basis.

I just posted about this in the General forum! I did the new update on my Versa lite and now it's not working at all! I've only had it 8 months and I bought it off Amazon so I don't think Fitbit will help me,I'm so sad and now I'm back to using my flex and charge HR(which is ugly cuz it's so old) I'm undecided which one I'll buy next, maybe go back to the Alta HR that I gave to my daughter but if course she lost it so I'll hafta buy one if I decide on that
  • Lynnehudler
    Lynnehudler Posts: 6 Member
    I have the Versa 2 and have absolutely loved it. I did get a different band for it (a woven one on Amazon that came highly recommended) because the band gave me a really REALLY bad rash on my wrist within thirty minutes of wear. But that has literally been the only issue :)
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    I had the original versa. It was fine, but it was totally overkill for what I needed. I never used the music function and I sold it and bought an inspire. The size also suits me better. Didn't really have any issues with it though!
  • latoyalturner
    latoyalturner Posts: 1 Member
    I love my Versa 2. Coming up on 1 year mark. Purchased with 2 yr warranty from Walmart.
  • Katmary71
    I have the Versa 2 and have absolutely loved it. I did get a different band for it (a woven one on Amazon that came highly recommended) because the band gave me a really REALLY bad rash on my wrist within thirty minutes of wear. But that has literally been the only issue :)

I'm going to have to do this too, I've been washing the band every day and switching wrists but will need to buy a woven one as well. Any recs?
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 233 Member
    I’ve had two fit bit versas it 2.5 years. The last one didn’t last a year. It won’t sync I’ve done everything called them online help. The other day the woman told me it was a software issue. Do you have a windows 10 device? No this versa has never synced to anything but Apple products.
    She suggested I wait another week. I told her that it had already been a week.
    That I’d down all the trouble shooting stuff, we went through it all again. Nothing
    I have an extended warranty on this. I told them I want my money back. I can only get money the first 45 days.
    Last June my versa and my wireless bike Odometer both died as I was cycling across Michigan. I called fitbit who couldn’t help no wireless. My friends fitness tracker also died she bought a different brand, I didn’t want to learn a new system. Hers is working this July mine is dead.
    If they send me a new versa I’m going to sell it buy a different brand.
  • awrigh67
    awrigh67 Posts: 1 Member
    I love mines. But sometimes your gps might be off or you can't connect. It remind me when to take a drink. And now I don't have to turn on the ringer on my phone. My Fitbit tells me when I have a phone call.
  • Fitzwater86
    Fitzwater86 Posts: 4 Member
    I love my Versa.
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 233 Member
    I’ve had two in 2.5 years the first one out lasted the warranty. The one I just sent back didn’t last a year. I am glad if yours works. If they send me another one I’m going to sell it buy something else. I miss the sleep tracker but it’s been a couple weeks. I’m adjusting.
  • maraclel
    maraclel Posts: 1 Member
    I have a Versa 2 Smartwatch and I am enjoying it so far. There is so much it can do. It has Alexa built in but I haven't figured that out yet. I like the 300 song options. I just have to get used to wearing it 24/7. I may take a break at night and not wear it once in a while.
  • Katmary71
    I posted a few times about issues with mine, it failed the Fitbit tests and my replacement is on it's way. Honestly it was at the point where the screen was blank every time I went to log my workouts, once it comes up in kicks me OUT of workout mode, and every time I check the time it's missing. When it does log the same hour workout of cardio the steps and calories burned are always way different. Once it started rebooting and not logging steps I'd had it. I'll give the new one a go but I'll probably ask for a Garmin for Christmas if this has the same issues.