Ewww! What's that green stuff? 8/14

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://shrinkingjeans.net/2013/08/nutritional-benefits-of-avocados/

So, let's talk healthy foods. Challenge yourself to stop going with the hype of the media and go for what is truly healthy. Avocados pack a punch of healthy fats and vitamins and minerals that...does a body good! They also provide a creamy mouth feel that makes you feel decadent!

So, eat them just in correct portions...hey they are not only for salsa and fajitas!!

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/avocado-recipes-00412000071491/page17.html

Buys some this weekend!

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I have learned that an avocado in my smoothy makes a really great milkshake texture without the need for ice.
    I also love chocolate mousse and was pretty interested to try something that was dairy free. I have tried to post this recipe before just by link and some folks couldn't see the link so here is the recipe in full:

Paleo Chocolate Avocado Mousse
    Ingredients:
    3 tbsp coconut oil
    1 oz 100% pure dark chocolate
    3 tbsp chocolate Hershey’s powder
    4 to 6 pitted dates, chopped
    2 large ripe pitted avocados
    ¼ cup coconut milk
    2 tbsp maple syrup
    1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
    1) In a double boiler (or metal bowl atop a small saucepan of boiling water), melt the first four ingredients, stirring occasionally. Set aside while preparing the next part.
    2) In a blender or food processor, add the remaining ingredients and blend until almost smooth.
    3) Add in the chocolate mixture and continue to blend until completely smooth.
    4) Scoop or pipe into serving bowls (depending on your need for fancy looks)
    5) Place in refrigerator to firm up for four hours

Notes: Keeps for a day or two if covered in the fridge.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'll make up some guac and use it on a sandwich or a burger instead of condiments (as much as I love mexican food, I've found other uses for my guac!) or throw cubes of avocado in a salad
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    If you have a Farm Fresh in your particular area you can get avocados for $0.99 starting today until next wednesday.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I often buy avocado, but I'm coming off of a cleanse, and that's not on the menu.

14877786.png
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I don't like them :-(
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Love fuerte. But don't love hass.
    So amazing for skin, nails and hair :-)
    And yummy too :-)