What made you go vegan?

Options
13»

Replies

• aliciaaroberts88
    aliciaaroberts88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oh veganism, i was veg for about 3 years before depression hit around 2017 and i have been slowly removing the eggs, fish, and dairy. I go back and forth with wanting to be plant based again. my body loves being plant based with limited faux foods, which cause major bloating for me, and i was veg for so long i still eat majority plant based. recently very recently cut the fish and cheese cold *tofu* lol. and i had my last set of eggs today. so here we are! its mostly for my health, animal cruelty, and the environment!
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I became vegan initially because of a high blood pressure scare. Once I saw Forks Over Knives & What The Health I realised how many other benefits there were too,
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    think I was just born one.. as a child meat just made me sick as did most dairy products..tough going in a meat and taters house.. by sixteen I just stoped eating meat inclding fish and eggs.. now of course being more educated on animal crulety and the health beifits it is also a choice..
  • LisaVeganBHScNutrition
    Options
    I went vegan 11 years ago after being lacto-ovo vegetarian for a bit over a year. I went vegan after realising the cruelty in the egg and dairy industries. It made more sense to me to do it at the time as I felt that all these animal industries are all connected. This also includes for non food issues too, e.g. animal testing, leather, fur etc. Health, environmental and humanitarian reasons are a major benefit. I'm a nutritionist in training so I'm obviously loving to lear ways to educate the public on why living a vegan, cruelty free life is healthy and that you don't have to sacrifice anything. ⚘✌☀️
  • clariceqtaylor
    clariceqtaylor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The reason I went vegan was because I was a super low point in my life and needed a change that was drastic, June 1, 2014 I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "Wow, you look terrible" and I went vegan immediately, 6 years strong and never looking back.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    For animal welfare!
    Also, as a nutritionist I try every diet trend (and fad) that comes out. It helps me to personally understand my clients and their different diet needs. Initially I moved to a plant based diet so that I could properly set nutritional goals and be able to recommend meal plans, etc.

I have been Vegan for well over a year - first in an effort to prevent animal cruelty and the environmental impact on our planet. Second, for my overall health and wellness. Third, so that I can properly advise and guide clients who are interested in a Vegan lifestyle :)
  • louthlass
    louthlass Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for about 33 years. I listened to Earthling Ed. His calm way of intereacting with people made me really listen..... I started to look at milk and dairy in a different way and decided I would feel much better about myself if I gave them up.... I’m happy to say that after 18 months I wish I’d made that decision earlier.... but hindsight is a wonderful thing 😜
  • Hoolool
    Hoolool Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Veganism is and should be for the animals, people who choose vegan as “diet” for only personal benefit, we call them “plant based”. As respect for the incredible human who created the word “vegan” let’s not turn it into a diet. To be able to stay vegan for life, you have to be a true animal lover in your heart or else that becomes like just another diet that you jump around. Veganism is an ethical choice not to hurt animals, period.