Exercise and Exhaustion

Options
shunggie
shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
I have been walking anywhere from 9 to 18 miles a week for the last year. It's helped me physically with weight loss, general health (lower blood pressure, slower resting heart rate) but most importantly, it's helped me mentally. I feel stronger, more in control of myself. But for the last week I have been tired. Like my legs just feel tired and kind of heavy. I've been doing a lot (and I mean A LOT) of yard work so I don't feel like I've really missed a workout but my body is tired. I'm torn between listening to the part of my body that says, you're tired go lay down and the part that says get off your lazy *kitten* you know you'll feel better if you do. I've been going shorter distances when I do walk but it feels like failure even though I know it's not. Anyone have similar experiences?

Replies

• Louder4
    Louder4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Same here, I know I need to workout but I can’t seem to get motivated to do it. Seriously so tired and actually a little scared to do a workout video (which I used to do all the time).
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    @Louder4 I'm sorry I just saw this. If you haven't started your video - just do it! The worst that will happen is it's too much and you turn it off. Even if you only do a few minutes, that's a few more than you did before. Good luck.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can relate! It can be a fine line and I don't always know. I think usually if I force myself to exercise, after 10 minutes or so I can tell if it's going to make me feel better or worse, and if the latter I cut it short.