Just a Vent

Options
Ok so I have been charting everything I eat... EVERYTHING.... well today I had a melt down of sorts.
I am a former Dr. Pepperaholic who has not had any type of drinks like that for over 16 days... and I am proud to say that. The really only sweet things I have eaten are some fruit and Fiber One Bars. so onto my story...

the 3pm cravings hit... I want something sweet I opt for PB & J. yes that's right... anyways I measure it all out on a flat out fold it, and log it... make a comment about it on my home page since I was proud of the fact of the way I did it... ( used to I'd blob and I mean BLOB it all on bread and devour it with a big glass of milk. ) Well this guy on my "friends' List proceeds to " WHY DIDN"T YOU USE SUGAR FREE JAM??? and A BANANA WOULD HAVE LOTS OF SUGAR" Come on dude... really???? I mean really... I'm a little pissed off . So I posted my reply and thanked him for his "support" Hahahahahahhahaha I really wanted to go off on the dude... I looked at his food diary and he doesn't eat all that well.

Ok I am done ranting and venting... Do you think I am more mad or hurt that what I thought was doing great was not??? I am WAY under my calories for the day also.

Thanks for letting me vent !
Pam

Replies

• SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You are doing exactly what you are supposed to do. Who is he the jelly police!! If I want to eat my calories in cupcakes then I will eat my calories in cupcakes! No but for real. Sometimes I feel like some people on here are so self righteous that they don't even know that they are out of line! Good job on taking the time to measure out a snack and log your food. You did exactly what you were supposed to do! So I will say what ok boy should have said.... Keep up the good works! You're doing a great job!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    just vent and rant away, I have to say I wouldn't have liked to be told what I SHOULD have eaten either!
    As long as you stay within calories you really can eat whatever you fancy.
    The only downside is that if we choose high calorie sugary treats then it leaves us less cals for more filling food but hey I hear ya cos some days we just WANT SUGAR!!

Well done on staying away from your Dr Peppers!! keep up the great work :)

I know we all want folk commenting on how we're doing but I really wouldn't like it if my mfp friends started to poke holes in my diet, thats not what this journey is about - we all have to do it our own way and we'll all get great results if we just stick at it.

Have a great day :)
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and vent! I would have been pissed off as well having gotten those comments from someone who is on my friend list! Good for you for logging everything - that is really tough to do some days, but you stuck to it, and stayed under your cals for the day. Way to go!

I had a horrible 3pm carb craving yesterday... top ramen... I haven't had it in years and years, and did not have any in the house, so I made a whole lotta rice noodles, fried them in a little peanut oil with soy sauce and sesame seeds and had myself a bit of an indulgence... In the grand scheme of things I figure it was not a big deal to cave to a craving every once in a while ;-)
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow Romey when I was reading I was like ooh Top Ramen yummy. Then you went to describing what you made on your own and ooh la la! That sounded delish! Blew that top ramen right out the water!