Have loved reading through the nsv's
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    6/15
    Exercise- Yes, walking
    Cals- 36 under
    Tracked- yes, 156💦 and 20g fiber

NSVs- this round of push up challenge I’m doing, I’m able to do more and feel stronger. My husband told me I look smaller, yay!

I slept well last night, yay!!😊
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Sorry super late post. Yes to all 3 ... 8 mile run this morning, ending the day with 28,500 steps.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Pass day
    One hour kickboxing
    Over on calories by about 200, traveling so I’m guessing on serving sizes but I’m pretty sure I’m accurate.
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Tracked? Y
    Calories? N
    Exercise? N
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,711 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    @Ketch_22 Way to go!! Your path sounds exactly like mine was. When I started (at 182) I was delighted to think of 150-155 as goal. When I got there, everything was going smoothly and I felt good, so I changed it to 145. Then to 140 and ultimately to 135. Finally set maintenance at 130-135. Never in my wildest imagination did I think that would be my maintenance range when I started. It is still amazing to me how good I feel and how 'routine' this way of living has become.

Warning - you are in danger of finding yourself quite poor if you continue dropping your weight goal. It gets really expensive when you need to start replacing your entire wardrobe because NOTHING (from shoes to undies to outerwear) fits ... especially if you live someplace with true four seasons. On top of that, I found that for the first time in forever I actually enjoyed buying clothes for myself. I've gone from needing a support group for weight loss to needing to check out 'overspenders anonymous'! :smiley:

Thank you! Yes January of 2018 I was 181 and my son bought me a fitbit and I got to 168 and joined MFP setting a goal to 150. Originally, I thought I'd just drop some weight and that would be it. Sad but I had just resigned to "oh well, I'm older and gaining a little is part of aging". Long story but one thing led to another and I became (as you have said) hyper-focused on macros and numbers. Hard to believe 145 might be on the table. 135 is what I weighed at 22 so that seems way to vain for me to ask for. I so appreciate all the nice comments in this group, as many have said it's nice to share this journey. My every day people don't seem as thrilled with the topic. At times my kids (all 20+) will walk in and see me using my weights and I swear they look at me like I'm standing naked or something. My daughter is thin and very fit and I can lift more, squat more and plank longer than her. We are starting a yoga class next week and I'm secretly hoping to kick her butt since I'm more flexible than her. Not sure if you need to be flexible for yoga (another thing I've never considered so thanks UAC). Thanks for sharing your story it gives me inspiration. Side note, I rode english 3x a week when I was 135 no one realizes the amount of strength in arms, legs and core required. Kudos!
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    6/15
    Exercise: Yes, walked
    Calories: No
    Tracking: No
    We celebrated Father’s Day early at my house, so Pass Day 5 for me. 😀
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ketch_22 wrote: »
    Hard to believe 145 might be on the table. 135 is what I weighed at 22 so that seems way to vain for me to ask for. I so appreciate all the nice comments in this group, as many have said it's nice to share this journey. My every day people don't seem as thrilled with the topic.

@Ketch_22 you are so right that sometimes the people in our daily lives don't seem to be thrilled with the talk of nutrition, calories, tracking, etc. It's difficult to contain enthusiasm for success! The important thing is we KNOW, without question, that it works. UAC is the best community forum on MFP inclusive of both those desiring to lose or maintain. We are in a group challenge united with the desire for a healthy approach to eating and exercise resulting in our own personal success stories. Thank you @RangerRickL for being our reliable leader!

Pleased you are taking your weight loss in increments. It make each goal acheivable. You've made great strides on your journey. Not only is 150 achievable, but 145 is on the table and 135 is doable if that is your desire. Your destiny is your own to achieve. The numbers are personal to each of us. Just be certain the choices you make are healthy ones and will be sustainable for the long haul. Kindest regards.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,166 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    UAC is the best community forum on MFP inclusive of both those desiring to lose or maintain.

Yes!!!

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, 30 min of singles tennis. Thought I’d try out my game again, this time on a day that wasn’t so windy. I still played horribly. I would have thought it would be like riding a bike and come back easily, but nope. Good news is my foot was fine. But I have an actual doubles match on Friday, I’d better remember how to play before then!
    Tracking: Yes, more complicated today because my daughter prepared a Father’s Day meal with lots of ingredients
    Calories: Yes, although had to dip into exercise calories again
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life. "UAC is the best community forum on MFP inclusive of both those desiring to lose or maintain."

Yes! Plus ...

. focus on healthy habits vs. the number on the scale

. Recognition that consistency vs. Perfection is the goal (pass dsys)

. The ability for everyone to be in the winner's circle each month

This is a great "challenge"
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Ketch_22 Wow!!! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    3x yes

3 pass
    12 yess
    1 May 22 yes/ 9 pass
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    6/15
    6th Pass Day

Exercise? No, but I did get a lot of movement in. Had a six dog; I spent a LOT of time doing squats to get down to where he was to comfort him. Very happy Sunday he was all better. He must have got ahold of something he shouldn't have eaten. :(
    Calories? No, by only 52 calories......had I exercised I could have been within my calories.
    Tracking? Yes
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 45 mins walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    June 15, 2019

This is a planned pass day

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)