WELCOME!!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself

Options
CharidaRoses
CharidaRoses Posts: 4 Member
Hello New Members,

Welcome!

My real name is Kitty, I've been using MyFitnessPal (MFP) for several years. In 1998, I gained weight to a whopping 500+ as a side affect of medical treatment from prednisone. I was able to lose about 150 lbs, but kept yo-yoing up and down from 320 to 390. Today (the last 2 years) I've been trying to step up my activities and exercise, this was not working because my osteoarthritis in my knees could not tolerate the weight. So, this lead me to going back up to 392 lbs. as of May 10, 2019 when I did my pre-op labs and testing. I see weight loss surgery (WLS) as a tool, just like MFP is another tool. I want to make the most of both worlds. Below you will find the list of tools I am using and my weight loss stats.

Again, welcome to this group! I'm looking forward to meeting and getting to know you!!!

Kitty

TOOLS:
  • MyFitnessPal
  • MapMyWalk
  • Fitbit
  • Roux-en-Y (RNY)

WEIGHT LOSS STATS:
HW: 500+
SW: 398
CW: 370 (05.30.19-R)

Replies

• JonahDov
    JonahDov Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Does this group still exist? I see people have joined it in 2020 but there are no posts!
    My name is Jonah and I’m in the pre-op preparation phase of getting gastric bypass. Hopefully, surgery will happen in Feb/March of 2021 if the Covid rates go down.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am considering WLS soon. I have been heavy all my life, but healthy otherwise. My doctor said I was the healthiest overweight person she knows. She suggested it and I investigated 2 years ago. My thoughts then were if my brain doesn't work right how can the surgery help? i have spent that time getting ready with the support of a health coach online with a support group and can now say I am ready. I've had my doc send in the recommendation and things will start rolling. I hope this group is still active!!
  • NGeesaman20
    NGeesaman20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 9mths Post OP RNY does anyone still post to this group. Looking for some outside support from fellow bypass patients.
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 9 days post op Sleeve. My name is Amber. Is this group active.
  • azalea4175
    Options

i haven't seen any activity in 2 weeks - I'm looking for a group to join as I am beginning the process. I could use some pointers, info, good and bad, etc.
  • NGeesaman20
    NGeesaman20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    azalea4175 wrote: »

i haven't seen any activity in 2 weeks - I'm looking for a group to join as I am beginning the process. I could use some pointers, info, good and bad, etc.

I havn't seen much activity in this group either. You both can add me. As I am a RNY patient 10mnth post op today if you would like. I would be happy to chat with you both.
  • Chelle380mymfp
    Chelle380mymfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am just starting the pre-op for surgery, yesterday was my first appointment. I’m looking for a good support group, please feel free to add me!
  • azalea4175
    Options
    I had my psych screening yesterday and have had all my nutrition appointments. I have lost the required pounds to be approved for the surgeon consult. That will most likely take 4-6 weeks to schedule. It looks like it might really happen. My question for @NGeesaman20 and @Chelle380mymfp - if I can do 4 weeks of a liquid diet, why can't I do a day or two a week as a liquid diet and achieve the same end results as the surgery? it doesn't make any sense to me.......am I broken?