Fitbit adjustments. Manually Adding Swims & Cycling

Options
CDarbon
CDarbon Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2019 in Social Groups
I purchased a stationary bike approx. three weeks ago and have been manually adding my time spend on the bike to MFP which in turn syncs to Fitbit for the exercise goals.

CYCLING: Although I do 30 minutes cycling between, say 6pm and 6:30pm I loose all my steps for that entire day as a 0 Fitbit adjustment - not just for the time I'm on the bike

SWIMMING: If I do a 12 minute walk to the swimming pool, do 50 minutes in the pool and walk home again, when I sync Fitbit on arrival home I am credited with my walk steps but as soon as I manually add my swim on MFP and re sync again I loose ALL my steps for the day so far and unless I do another significant walk later in the day, I don't get credit for those previous steps back again.

I am logging the correct time I start swimming as I enter the pool and my Fitbit One is in my locker, not moving but MFP doesn't credit me with the walk to the pool or the walk home as exercise, just the swim?!

I am trying to loose a few lbs so my main concern is that MFP could be miscalculating my remaining calories by zeroing out my previous exercise which could mean I may be undereating each day I sometimes walk 4-5 miles in a day but get 0 credit for this on MFP if I have done another form of exercise as well which has been manually entered

I currently use a Fitbit One and MFP via IOS. Thanks