July 26 Sign In

Options

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 You are wise to plan occasional rest days, especially after pushing hard on other days.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    My report:
    Calories: just under my limit
    Tracking: good
    Exercise: easy day walking around the farm.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes barely walking 20 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

My doctor told me I was prediabetic and Having dearth with diabetic cats I didn’t want to do that myself.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Yes..golf + walk
    Yes
    Yes
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Had to move my usual long-run to today since the hubby and I are going to Lake Tahoe for the day tomorrow. So 9 mile run this morning, plus walking around the California State Fair tonight. Ending the day with just over 32K steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!

Hope your surgery went well, @stella7x7, and your recovery goes smoothly!
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Exercise was 39 minute bike ride.
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    July 26: another pass
    another 12hr day. didnt track, no idea how many calories...ugh! 🤨
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Re big pharma etc. I gave up alcohol 4 years ago, breast cancer was enough to put me off it, I am now taking more notice of my sugar intake, have given up chocolate apart from the odd icecream treat...
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 20 min yoga, 1 x 20 min walk to work, 60 min walk home
    Tracking yes Calories yes way under today!
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    7/27/2019

Exercise: Yes, 60 minutes walking
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    July 26
    Ex 59 mins
    Deficit 115
    Tracked all
    Ate at home (2 weeks now!)

Re: medications & diet industry:

First, I have to say that medications have helped me greatly in my life.
    1. Halted the acute attack in my kidneys in 2003 when only 50% of thevtubiles had been destroyed. So grateful.
    2. Kept my Crohn’s in remission!
    3. Kept my bp & cholesterol as well as parathyroid & others more normal as my kidney function worsened, which allowed me to continue living & working 14 more years.
    4. Are keeping my body from rejecting my life-saving donated kidney. ♥️
    I’m very grateful for the inventors, chemists, etc.

What I do now:
    Eating for health, exercising daily, using strategies to gain perspective & reduce stress, remaining hydrated, maintaining a healthy weight, doing things that bring me Joy.
    And my latest: I am cooking & we’re eating at home. Vastly healthier.

But I still need to work on: more sleep 😴
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @lalabank, so great about your husband's good news! I love hearing stories like this about how people are able to get off meds. On my profile, that is one of my goals. My doctor prescribed cholesterol drugs on my last visit, which was very disheartening, but I've made changed in my diet and hope to have lower numbers on my 3-month checkup. If it's still high I will start on those drugs, but if not ... YEA!!

@MadisonMolly2017, you are definitely living proof that meds have their place. There are some meds I will probably never be able to stop but I'm hoping when I'm at my goal weight I will be free of some of the ones I have to take now. So happy for your success and added years!!

Thanks, @RangerRickL. I still feel bad when I don't get at least 20 minutes of something, but I also know I need a couple of passes during the month. This is a lifelong commitment for me, so I don't want to burn out on myself.

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes

I’ve been without cell service for the past few days so haven’t been able to post updates. But I have kept up with everything!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85
    You will get off some of them! I am off statin and bp meds! I believe what impacted that the most (besides normal kidney function as opposed to 9%) was my hourlong walk every day, watching sodium (75% of which comes from eating out & processed foods).

Recently, I stopped eating out & my doc just asked me to eat a little more salt!

One of the Harvard Medical Newsletters stayed that people eat half the calories, fat, and sodium when they eat at home. All of those have been true for me.

I’m sure you will do it AND you’ll feel 200-300% better at your goal weight!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

6 no
    20 yes

1. May 22 yes 9 no/31
    2. June 22 yes 8 no/30
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @lalabank Congratulations to you and your husband for good news and positive results!
    @stella7x7 Wishing you a good recovery. Per @RangerRickL you can stay on task with just 20 minutes a day. There is no specification as to what those exercise might be. Your rehab can certainly be an allowable activity; and a search for chair exercises might be just the ticket. Looking forward to your continued participation.
    @TerriRichardson112 I should be so well organized.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    @stella7x7 The UAC exercise requirement is that you do 20 minutes per day of exercise. If your rehab exercises are 20 minutes or more, that is what you can do. That is just fine. When you are rehabbed, then up the pace!!
    Best wishes and get well quickly!!
    Rick

Thanks.i will start rehab. Wensday. Altho I do feel like I am probably getting that in combined with my bathroom runs.I can only walk with a walker toe stepping. Plus upper body with all the pushing to get up out of bed and couch.🤷‍♀️
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    corriepelc wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Had to move my usual long-run to today since the hubby and I are going to Lake Tahoe for the day tomorrow. So 9 mile run this morning, plus walking around the California State Fair tonight. Ending the day with just over 32K steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!

Hope your surgery went well, @stella7x7, and your recovery goes smoothly!

Thank you.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    July 26, 2019
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes