Like Minded Lushes - Summer 2019

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Happy summer lushes! Outdoor Bbq's and activities of course also means refreshing libations. Here's to making healthy choices while enjoying ourselves :drinker:

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    We decided to take off to Palm Desert for a last minute long weekend. We'll head back today but we've had a mix of much needed R&R along with some house hunting. I'm fairly certain I've put on a few lbs :(

• gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Had a great weekend - with lots of wine. And a little bourbon. Attended a fundraising silent auction event at a local micro-brewery where I donated some of my art for the charity. Was super excited to see the bids on it! First ever "sale" of my artwork and it felt good that it was going to an amazing local charity that supports veterans who are struggling with depression.

Today started off crap, however, as we were all set to have the second round of countertops delivered and they called to say they were not coming after all. So still no kitchen! Ugh. We were supposed to have friends come this coming weekend but I think that will be a no.

Even with all the stress of this remodel, I'm going to try to be good today and make it a zero. We shall see.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Congrats Gwen! Your art making some $$ is certainly exciting!! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    edited June 2019
    Options
    How fun, Gwen!! You're an official artist!! I really wish I had some creative talent. Being an accountant really is as boring as it sounds :| Your kitchen nightmares were on my mind as we looked at homes over the weekend. Trying to find move in ready is tops on my list. I wish I was the type of person to save money by buying a fixer and doing it myself but I'm fairly certain I'd lose my sh!te over the process. :s

Came back to our son completely moved out so I guess we are officially empty nesters now. When he went away to college you kind of know they'll be back. It is a little weird but I'm looking forward to seeing my reduced water bill (the kid takes the LONGEST showers) and our grocery bill should be about half now :)

Up 2 lbs like I thought. Hoping by the end of the week I'll drop it. Moderating but doubt I'll have any 0s
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Syd, thanks! It's an exciting journey. I'm a writer - and own a business where me and my team write content for businesses, so the artistic bone is just getting a different workout now. :) Been writing for so long, it's nice to change my medium to something much prettier to look at. And yes, the kitchen nightmare continues...

Congrats to you, Syd, on the empty nest! It's not just a little weird, but it's a lot weird. We have four kids and with each one, it's been weird but this last one, re: the empty nest -- it took some time to embrace.

Ann, it's SUPER exciting that people bid on it! I'm my own worst enemy...so...

Happy Tuesday to you!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Gwen- its so nice to have people appreciate your art! I hope you get your kitchen back soon!
    Syd- The new normal- your son as an adult- will be so rewarding!

The new profile pic shows our dinner with Noriko's Aunt and Uncle. There is another picture in my profile pics if you want to see it. The dinner went well, they were just as nervous as we were. Nori translated for us, and it was fun getting to know them. They gave us (me) a couple bottles of Japanese whiskey, so I call that a WIN!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Glad it went well, Gary. You clean up nice! Everyone is smiling and looks happy, so that's a great sign they enjoyed themselves.

All going well here. We're doing a brewery/pub crawl in my son's new neighborhood this weekend with about 10 people. The area is super walkable so hopefully the walking will offset all the calories. I'm hoping not to over indulge. I can't drink a lot of beer anyway but if these places have wine I may be in trouble :D
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment Syd! Good luck on the pub crawl!

Have a great weekend all!
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Gary, great pic! So glad everyone enjoyed it!

We finally got our countertop installed today. Will have a sink tomorrow! Woohoo! Just in time as we have friends coming for the weekend. Be nice to actually have a full kitchen to use. Plus, it does look pretty good so that's a plus.

I walked 30 - 40 min every morning this week. My routine seems to be set. Even when I didn't want to get up at 6, I did it. I wish I could be as disciplined about wine. This was NOT a successful week. Better luck next week. Have a great weekend, all!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Gwen, Great job on the walking every morning! It looks like a winning routine for you!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Leaving tomorrow for Ocean Shores. I hope to keep up with my routine and not get too crazy. I will be happy if I just don't gain any weight.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I hope to start walking more too, Gwen, now that the ankle is doing better. It still gets sore but I think that probably won't go away for a while. Great job on the routine!

Have fun at the beach, Gary!

The pub crawl was a success but I drank way too much and felt like total poop yesterday. :cold_sweat: Which then prompted a trip to In n Out for burgers and fries. Needless to say I need a reboot. Heading to my brother's for the 4th but they always have healthy options. I'm still in the "I drank too much and never want to drink again" phase. We'll see how long that lasts :D
    Hope you all have a great week and 4th! (I can't believe it's already July!)
  • gwenm4
    Options
    I'm on "staycation" this week and so needless to say, I've drank every day. Maybe a zero today. Of course it's only 10 am and you know how fast that promise to yourself changes around, well 5 oclock! Bought some club soda and am trying to find some good non-alocholic fun recipes. Wishing all of you a fabulous 4th!
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Happy 4th!
    Syd- the pub crawl story sounds like the story of my life! I promise myself I'll go on whatever outing and "behave", not drink too much and then typically have too much. Ugh!
    This week has been fairly successful so far but of course, now I'm off work till Monday so, we'll see ;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope you all have enjoyed your 4th! I behaved at my brother's and moderated all weekend. Even managed to exercise.

We're heading up to LA for a couple of days to visit friends. They love to eat and drink so we'll see how it goes.Hoping the earthquakes hold off. We even felt them here in SD. :o
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Syd, enjoy your trip! Have never been to LA and it's on my list.

We did NOT behave this past week / weekend, so this week I'm back on board. Feeling very motivated as I'm running out of time to lose those 5 pounds before Aug 24 wedding. AHH!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Back from vacation. The beach was good, fireworks up and down the beach as far as the eye could see. I haven't stepped on the scale yet- its too intimidating- it just sits there in the bathroom daring me to stand on it. Its a trap!!!

I see everyone is busy with enjoying life. Lots of good times and motivations to keep up the fight for feeling better.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Fireworks at the beach is the best Gary! Sounds fantastic.

I feel fat. I don't need a scale to tell me that I put on a few pounds while up in LA. :s

I'll be back to intermittent fasting starting tomorrow. It makes me feel so much better and it seems to work for me when I need to drop the LBs. And walks. I gotta get in those walks.

But today I'll do the lushes proud. Champagne while watching Wimbledon (my boyfriend lost :'( ) Husband decided to make a pitcher of margaritas while grilling. Cheers! :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Syd - you are doing it up right - champagne and margaritas! Nice!!

Gary - My scale always looks at me seductively and I think it will be nice but nope!! It's a tease-run the other way!! ;)

I'm considering my weekend a win - 3 drinks the entire weekend and my weight dropped a smidge. Weekends are usually a DISASTER for me where I undo everything I did all week, so win! B)
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Syd, what is the intermittent fasting look like? Never tried it. Have 5 weeks till the wedding and even with walks and limited alcohol have not lost a thing since April. Still 5 - 10 pounds out.

Weekend was pretty much a wash but so far this week 2 days of zeros. My granddaughter is here until Saturday so I'm planning on a few more zeros. She's 4, so I'm ready for bed now (6:18 PM) -- been a busy day of movies and tea time and making rice krispy squares. I'm pooped!

Ann, weekends do me in as well. I think it's totally psychological. When I deny all week, it's like "pop that cork!" on Friday at 5... gotta work on that for sure.