Pushing Through

Options
shcgiebs
shcgiebs Posts: 41 Member
Good morning! I am 61 years old with many medical issues, but still actively working as a substitute teacher. After many years of fighting with doctor's I finally found one who I absolutely adore. She is an arthritis doc and last fall diagnosed me with Sjogren's, an auto-immune disorder that can cause debilitating pain and fatigue. I am on a new regimen of meds and feeling much better, but I've fallen into lazy habits because I am so used to NOT doing because I hurt. I need to push through it. Yes, there my be pain, but the alternative results are much worse. I've read some of your posts and I think this is the group for me. I need support and motivation and I truly believe I can get it here.

Replies

• shcgiebs
    shcgiebs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pushed through it and actually got a decent workout done. Love it when the endorphins kick in!
  • jcaldwell0331
    jcaldwell0331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on being able to push through your workout! It always helps when you have a doctor that will not only listen but care for you in a way where you feel important to them. Glad you found one that fits those needs. Good luck with getting things back on track to feeling better!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @shcgiebs Welcome! Glad you found a doctor who was able to properly diagnose and help you! Look forward to following along your journey. :)