Lower sugar...2 cycles down...

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Hello. I just wanted to share the news so far as I am SHOCKED. I really didnt have high expectations for anything to happen but so far there seems to be an improvement.

I've had irregular periods pretty much my whole life. Never been pregnant. Have a beard like a man. (No joke, all chin and neck black hair...its awful) And I am overweight. So I was diagnosed with pcos and put on birth control.

Now in my later years (30s) I've tried to get off birth control after researching more and more long term effects it can have and actually make the body worse.

Well I started reading about PCOS diets and supplements. I kind of made up my own thing based on a few different items I was researching (been looking a lot at anti-inflammatory diets / super foods too for better health).

Well in mid May I started eating chia seeds, incorporating more fish into my diet to increase omega 3s even more, and attempted to keep my sugar under 50 grams a day and cut out grains. (Also tried adding in maca...lasted 2 days, not tasty lol)...

Well 2 weeks in I got my period. I hadn't had a period in over a year so i assumed fluke. I did log my cycle on my Fitbit even with it a bit wonky (super heavy last longer etc) Kept going with the low sugar, and here it is 4 days after fit bits "predicted" cycle and I've started month 2. No prescription interference.

I've also noticed my break outs are better and not deep or painful. The hair on my face seems to grow back slower after using the epilator (I could pluck, epilate and have a 5oclock shadow in 48 hrs) now I get about 4-5 days.

I have not been "perfect" either. My in laws were In town so I had a few days in a row of terrible eating and following I had increased hair and pimples but when they left and I went back it got better again. Thinking if it keeps trending I might try electrolysis because I've always been told it wont help if your body is out of whack.

I am eating lower carb too but that kinda comes with the sugar watching. I do not specifically watch carbs but have found low carb recipes, keto advice etc helpful as they are also usually low in sugar. Like berries vs citrus etc.

Ok long spiel I know. And it's only been 2 mo but I was excited and wanted to share. Lol

*side note I am not losing weight fast. Still fluctuating, but over all down about 5lbs since May. It's more the other improvement im excited about.

I have not bought anything from any websites (I don't like spending money lol) but I did check out dr brightens book at the library and there is some articles on her website I find interesting and want to share too. Shared another article that was interesting too.

https://drbrighten.com/natural-solutions-treatment-of-pcos/

https://drbrighten.com/birth-control-pcos-symptoms/

https://www.smartfertilitychoices.com/pcos-diet/

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm happy for you. Thanks for sharing.