RNY Monday! Need friends.

Options
alainndaor
alainndaor Posts: 3 Member
I'm looking for friends on here and support. I offer the same in return. We can cheer each other on, provide helpful tips, etc.

I'm a 38 yr old mom of 2 with chronic back pain (bulging, torn and herniated discs), and psoriatic arthritis. I'm hoping this surgery and the weight loss will help pain and if I still need back surgery it will make that recovery much easier. I'm 5'7" and over 300lbs.

I've been working to get approved for surgery since fall. I lost 42 lbs during my pre op journey. I'm excited, nervous, scared, feeling alone (like others around me don't understand). I have been using this app to help keep me on track for almost 200 days. And friends with similar situations and diets would help.

Add me if you need support, a new friend or are willing to offer advice.

Thank you! Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• SaraRT83
    SaraRT83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to have my last round of appointments October 7th and then my surgeons office can send my case off to insurance for approval. They are guesstimating my surgery will be early-mid November. I'm also a mom of 2 (13 & 11), 5'7" and 329.6# as of this AM.
  • April_Marie85
    April_Marie85 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 months post op! Best decision I've ever made!
  • Emmma1975
    Emmma1975 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi there! i had a roux n y bypass on the 12 sept. Im 44 years old, 5 foot seven and starting weight was 309 lbs. I would love to chat as our beginning stats are similar.
  • rosiemc7
    rosiemc7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all, had my bypass last May nearly 10 months out. 160 pounds down.