Introductions

2»

Replies

• MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    This will be my second month in the UAC . . . it's an amazing way to reinforce accountability. I'm also in the X-Mas weight loss challenge; 22 weeks to go and I have 35 lbs to lose. If I can achieve that goal, I won't be at an ideal weight, but I'll be so much healthier.

Along with faithfully logging at MFP, I also walk everyday (my dog Rascal makes sure of that) and I get to the gym at least 3x/week. I am single and don't have any kids at home, so I also have time to go out dancing with friends which is another great way to stay active. I live in San Diego, California, so it's a great place for year-round activity.
  • dforeman08
    dforeman08 Posts: 56 Member
    Hello, this is my first time in the group. Over the past 5 years I've gained 20-25 pounds and in the last year I've been trying to lose weight but it has been an up and down journey. My ultimate goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of this year.
  • d_dave_c
    d_dave_c Posts: 5 Member
    I haven't been on MFP for a few years, but realized I need to track calories and exercise, and also need some accountability, so this group seems like a great thing! I've been cycling to work, which is 8km/5mi each way, but haven't done much to modify eating/drinking. Looking forward to this in August!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,518 Member
    My second month and hope it is better then the first
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,518 Member
    A family member in the house is considering doing keto myself and my husband may try to walk down this path for support don’t know if I can do it so much fat per day my cholesterol is already 9 points above normal range. Will try if they want support but.....
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    A family member in the house is considering doing keto myself and my husband may try to walk down this path for support don’t know if I can do it so much fat per day my cholesterol is already 9 points above normal range. Will try if they want support but.....

there are many levels of keto and you can adjust the % to meet your needs. In last months posts it was brought out that there are new studies that show your diet may have little effect on your daily cholesterol. I found getting enough protein was difficult and key. As your protein % increases your carbs % decreases.