Options
2»

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    molly3210 wrote: »
    Yes x 3 for Friday
    Actually jogged with the dog instead of walking. So grateful to have my knee healed up and health back, it just felt like the right thing to do.
    Yayyy!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Was a pass for me. Buddysgrandpabocadelbobdoggrandpabob or whatever your current name is ;) I hope you wake early and also have a great day with buddy! Hope he's doing well.
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    Was a pass for me. Buddysgrandpabocadelbobdoggrandpabob or whatever your current name is ;) I hope you wake early and also have a great day with buddy! Hope he's doing well.

My funny little guy wiped his own face today. That kind of makes for a great day. Seem kind of a silly thing but he hates getting his face wiped and he is getting kind of strong and resistant.
    I don't know where that aversion comes from. I give him a fresh wash cloth for that. I wonder if it is an antipathy that comes from getting stale dish rag. Heck of a thing if he enjoyed some food only to have the memory of it displaced by smell or taste of dish rag.
    But he wiped his own face and was pretty deliberate about it. I'll be mesmerized on that for a while.
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, 25 minutes circuit training, 60 minutes dancing
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @BuddysSurrogateGrandpa @BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 Thanks, Bob!!
    You are always an inspiration to me!
    Rick
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »

My funny little guy wiped his own face today. That kind of makes for a great day. Seem kind of a silly thing but he hates getting his face wiped and he is getting kind of strong and resistant.
    I don't know where that aversion comes from. I give him a fresh wash cloth for that. I wonder if it is an antipathy that comes from getting stale dish rag. Heck of a thing if he enjoyed some food only to have the memory of it displaced by smell or taste of dish rag.
    But he wiped his own face and was pretty deliberate about it. I'll be mesmerized on that for a while.

It's great that you step back and try to unpick the why for the behaviour. Well done to Buddy!
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,711 Member
    Options
    Aug 30
    yes x3
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

You are the best surrogate grandpa ever!
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    Options
    @w8goal4life , @RangerRickL , @am_change

Had lunch with my funny little guy today.
    We had watermelon for dessert.
    I would serve him little 1 inch balls that I scooped out of the melon with an ice cream scoop.
    I put them in a Corelle dish that is like a little cup.
    I put that watermelon in there he would get it out, eat it. When it was empty he would stick his hand in it and look at me signalling "is there more?"
    We end up eating it all. I give him sign for "all done" but he don't much care about sign.
    He realized no more was coming and he grabbed that cup, fingers inside, thumb outside and lifted it up managing the fluid surface of the watermelon juice that was left in there.
    He tipped it to his mouth and drank it.
    First time Buddy drank unassisted from an open cup! You know, not a sippy cup.
    That little rascal. He has got some cognitive limits but I am ok spending a few years finding what those limits are.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life , @RangerRickL , @am_change

Had lunch with my funny little guy today.
    We had watermelon for dessert.
    I would serve him little 1 inch balls that I scooped out of the melon with an ice cream scoop.
    I put them in a Corelle dish that is like a little cup.
    I put that watermelon in there he would get it out, eat it. When it was empty he would stick his hand in it and look at me signalling "is there more?"
    We end up eating it all. I give him sign for "all done" but he don't much care about sign.
    He realized no more was coming and he grabbed that cup, fingers inside, thumb outside and lifted it up managing the fluid surface of the watermelon juice that was left in there.
    He tipped it to his mouth and drank it.
    First time Buddy drank unassisted from an open cup! You know, not a sippy cup.
    That little rascal. He has got some cognitive limits but I am ok spending a few years finding what those limits are.

Such a positive influence you are on your little guy. He is blessed to have you in his life...and you are blessed to recognize the progress he is making. Kudos for a job well done! I admire your tenacity to assist with helping him be his best self. Hugs to you for your calm patience and persistent presence in his life.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

22 yes
    8 no

1. May 22 yes 9 no/31
    2. June 22 yes 8 no/30
    3. July 23 yes 8 no/31