Replies

• MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    August 9, 2019

Exercise: Yes, 40 minutes of walking
    Calories: Yes, well under
    Tracking: Yes

I haven't been very active this week, but I've been maintaining good deficits and doing at least the minimum exercise. Again, membership in this group has been great for keeping me on track.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    PASS #1 of 3 - I have to take my first pass day. :( The night binge monster got the best of me.

Today - Friday is a new day!!

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • mmsiems425
    mmsiems425 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

1/3 pass days taken
  • Lliggy
    Lliggy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes Line dance class
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes
    This has been a tough week. I've been feeling overwhelmed preparing for a bridal shower this weekend.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

yes, yes, yes, ...

Humid but cool when I started anyway. I exercised off the deep end today. I climbed for four hours. Partway up that climb I got in a conversation with an equestrian. She told me about her bike riding days. Conversation went in this weird direction where we both acknowledged that we would rather climb than descend.

I told her that climbing is kind of like a meditation for me. I settle into it. It is slow. I look at everything. I think about stuff.

My heart felt good so I ran it out tighter. My knees felt good so I kept going.

I got this new fitness tracker watch and it kept giving me badges and kudos and stuff. So I pressed on.

Epic climb. I seen a lot of deer. The weather changes. You go up it gets cold. Back down it is warm and hot again.

picture I should have took... there is a lot of wild horses by where I go. I seen a wild horse on a guy's porch. Heh! Imagine going outside and finding a horse on your porch.

I climbed a pretty big mountain today. I always think that I ain't gonna be able to do that any more. I take a couple stabs at it falling short.

Then the right day comes and I climb that baby to the top.

@BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    Very touching & inspiring - you brought a tear to my eye. Be well.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 fantastic and thanks as ever for sharing. I could feel the tightness in my chest and burn on my calves as you took me with you as I read!
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    Options
    @am_change

My knee says he wants a couple of days off.

aysg9j46mr8z.jpg