Friday Thread.

Options
dbrightwell1270
dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
I can post the topic because I am actually working today. This is the first Friday that's happened since July 19 (and that was a half day). There's nothing too exciting going on here this weekend. I'm taking a 4-day weekend to go to Las Vegas next weekend and just working out, relaxing and getting things ready for the trip in the mean time. What's everyone else doing this weekend?

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Its the weekend before school starts here wooohooo . Pretty much nothing.I've had a pretty persistant headache for the last 2 days and I'm just gonna lay on the couch with the kids. THeir gonna watch mommy play Zelda and get ready to go back to school. Its cute cuase they are still at an age when its exciting to go back lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to go camping this weekend but it is supposed to be cold and rainy and I got injuried last night playing softball so all my plans are up in the air.
    Most people aren't going camping so I am sure someone will probably have a party or something. We will see how well I can move tomorrow or I might be spending the day on the couch.

update:
    Well it looks like I might have saturday plans now. Going to see meet the millers in the morning, followed by laser tag in the afternoon. We will see how my leg is but I can at least go see the movie.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Last weekend before my daughter heads back to college, so I will be busy shopping for things she needs for her apartment and I will be teaching her how to make gnocchi this weekend, she wants to make it for her boyfriend's family to impress them.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hello! Happy Friday. I don't have a lot of real exciting plans. I get my kiddos back from their dad's visit tonight, then tomorrow they are staying with their grandparents. They haven't seen them since Easter! So it will be nice for them. My grandmother is also coming into town this evening, because my mom is having surgery on Monday. So it might be kind of a hectic week ahead. Maybe do some shopping on Sunday or something. Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the pub tonight, which is a terrible idea because i'm working in the morning, but for some reason I dont give a damn!

Tomorrow, I think I will drink more.

Sunday, I may even drink more, depending if I can stand up or not.........lol :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm having a sh!tty week and I really need to de-stress with some friends...........argh!! :drinker:
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options
    Anna, I hope you are successful at de-stressing.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Anna, I'll come drink with you!!!! :drinker:

I'm studying for diagnostics this weekend. Really don't want to take remedial work, and it has been 5 years since undergrad :frown:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    followed by laser tag in the afternoon. ...

Sweet! Have fun!

I recently came across this complete set of outdoor laser tag rifles, turret, and home base stations: http://www.wowwee.com/en/products/toys/light-strike

I think I might buy a set and try to get some people together for a combo camping / forest laser tag extravaganza. Not this weekend, but eventually.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Anna, I hope this weekend reboots you as well!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the pub tonight, which is a terrible idea because i'm working in the morning, but for some reason I dont give a damn!

Tomorrow, I think I will drink more.

Sunday, I may even drink more, depending if I can stand up or not.........lol :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm having a sh!tty week and I really need to de-stress with some friends...........argh!! :drinker:
    ahh I wanna come too! I could be a designated driver! Wait, don't they drive on the other side over there? I'll probably be all sorts of confused.:huh: I'll join you for a pint or 3 instead. :devil:

I got nothing special. Typical gym, work, repeat weekend for me though Monday I have a baseball game I am going to. It' paid for by the company I work for. Even though there will be food and beer, since I am going alone, I gotta behave so I can get home afterwards.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    followed by laser tag in the afternoon. ...

Sweet! Have fun!

I recently came across this complete set of outdoor laser tag rifles, turret, and home base stations: http://www.wowwee.com/en/products/toys/light-strike

I think I might buy a set and try to get some people together for a combo camping / forest laser tag extravaganza. Not this weekend, but eventually.

that would be an awesome weekend!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Tonight dropping my daughter off with her dad for the weekend then home to veg.
    Tomorrow I have kickboxing in the morning then spending most of the day cleaning house, doing laundry and washing the car.
    Sunday afternoon meeting up with a few friends at a local winery.
    Hopefully a relaxing weekend because this week has stressed me out and continues to look stressful until at least Tuesday at work anyway.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Anna, I'll come drink with you!!!! :drinker:

Woooo hoooo!! Let the games begin!! :drinker:
    ahh I wanna come too! I could be a designated driver! Wait, don't they drive on the other side over there? I'll probably be all sorts of confused.huh I'll join you for a pint or 3 instead. devil

There's no driving on my shift honey - plenty of cabs to choose from :drinker:
    Anna, I hope you are successful at de-stressing.
    Anna, I hope this weekend reboots you as well!

Ahhhhh, thank you guys. I'm hoping to forget all my woes and wish you were all here to help. What a shame there is a big ocean between us all......:laugh:
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options
    Ahhhhh, thank you guys. I'm hoping to forget all my woes and wish you were all here to help. What a shame there is a big ocean between us all......:laugh:

Don't try to drink that ocean. It doesn't contain much alcohol and is a little salty.
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Nothing tonight. Me and the BFF did a wild ladies night last night that was totally unplanned so I'm blah today.
    Tomorrow I'll be going out with my fella to watch Texans with his friends.
    Sunday we are going running and he's doing bleachers with me! (1st time he's working out with me) Yay!!! Then we have our usual Sunday fun day with wine watching shows.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Laser tag was awesome even though I sucked at it.

Gummy bears soaked in rum are the devil.