Intermittent Fasting

Options

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Mmm this has got me thinking ;) i work shift and have been really trying to eat light when im on nights, maybe i could pack myself with cals before work and then eat once home in the morning! This could also work for me on days as time for eating is very hard to fit in :)

I just enjoy eating two big meals a day, makes my life easier and it removed all hunger issues - let me know how it goes for you if you try it!

So i did lots of thinking and this actually fits in well with 2 of my shift weeks but litte unsure about my day week. Anyway i have decided to give a go, this week im on afternoons so i have just packed in me a 700 cal brunch:noway: god it was hard and i feel stuffed!! The crazy thing is i hit all my macros nearly spot on how crazy is that **** :)
    Next meal i will prepare and take with me and eat around 5 pm

Will give you a update later :)

Haha awesome man - after a few days (if you keep it up) any hunger you have should go away. This isn't for everyone, but it certainly works for a lot. I'm eating two large 1350 calorie meals at the moment, its awesome :D
  • xxhawk68xx
    xxhawk68xx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mmm this has got me thinking ;) i work shift and have been really trying to eat light when im on nights, maybe i could pack myself with cals before work and then eat once home in the morning! This could also work for me on days as time for eating is very hard to fit in :)

I just enjoy eating two big meals a day, makes my life easier and it removed all hunger issues - let me know how it goes for you if you try it!

So i did lots of thinking and this actually fits in well with 2 of my shift weeks but litte unsure about my day week. Anyway i have decided to give a go, this week im on afternoons so i have just packed in me a 700 cal brunch:noway: god it was hard and i feel stuffed!! The crazy thing is i hit all my macros nearly spot on how crazy is that **** :)

Haha awesome man - after a few days (if you keep it up) any hunger you have should go away. This isn't for everyone, but it certainly works for a lot. I'm eating two large 1350 calorie meals at the moment, its awesome :D

Have to be honest i did feel like ****e for about 90 mins after but now feel energy levels are rising and no hunger pains yet but there is a few hrs left ha ha ha

Dinner is prepared and around 1000 cals so off to work i go ;)
    Feel free to have a look at what ive eaten and give some feedback ;)
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

Have to be honest i did feel like ****e for about 90 mins after but now feel energy levels are rising and no hunger pains yet but there is a few hrs left ha ha ha

Looks good to me bro, long as you've hit your macros by the end of the day it's all good! :)
  • xxhawk68xx
    Options

Looks good to me bro, long as you've hit your macros by the end of the day it's all good! :)

Wow im hungry 15 min until dinner. I managed 7hrs without food :) Those 1000 cals are gone taste sweet :laugh: :laugh:
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Haha :D - well, think of it this way - 7 hours without food and _apart_ from the hunger, you're doing just fine. After your meal tonight it may get tough but as I said if you want to keep this way of eating up, it literally goes away after 2-3 days (usually) some people a bit longer but enjoying large meals was much more satisfying for me.

I had my 1300 calorie meal today, but I wanted more, haha my appetite is ridiculous.
  • xxhawk68xx
    Options
    So i definately felt that i could have eaten more than the 1000, but dont really want to go into a food coma at work ;)

It has just dawned on me my next meal is about 16hrs away:sad: :sad:
    Lets hope i can sleep at least 10 of those hrs!

I have always struggled with not eating enough cals on afternoons and nights so this could be a good thing for me
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    So i definately felt that i could have eaten more than the 1000, but dont really want to go into a food coma at work ;)

It has just dawned on me my next meal is about 16hrs away:sad: :sad:
    Lets hope i can sleep at least 10 of those hrs!

I have always struggled with not eating enough cals on afternoons and nights so this could be a good thing for me

Good luck buddy :D - if it isn't for you though, don't force yourself to do it :)
  • Traveezy
    Traveezy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hey Ritchie, me and the guys at work go out every Friday morning and have a big breakfast and bull**** around for awhile. is there anyways to fit this into the IF style of eating or is it something i'm gonna have to quit doing?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    hey Ritchie, me and the guys at work go out every Friday morning and have a big breakfast and bull**** around for awhile. is there anyways to fit this into the IF style of eating or is it something i'm gonna have to quit doing?

Just don't do IF for that day, but if you can't count the calories of that breakfast and you're serious about your goals, I personally wouldn't do it. Once you get to your goal you can enjoy doing stuff like that.
  • Traveezy
    Options
    yeah I went with them last week and I ordered off the fit menu thing so I could track calories. they gave me a lot of shi.t for that too but whatever. anyways I can still track calories as long as we go to places that supply nutritional info. if I don't do IF that day would I just do a regular like 3 meal day or what? 5 meals? I always here different things.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    yeah I went with them last week and I ordered off the fit menu thing so I could track calories. they gave me a lot of shi.t for that too but whatever. anyways I can still track calories as long as we go to places that supply nutritional info. if I don't do IF that day would I just do a regular like 3 meal day or what? 5 meals? I always here different things.

As many meals as you want, 2, 3, 4, 5, your choice. Maybe just eat half your calories (or close to) at the breakfast place, then eat the other half laterr?
  • xxhawk68xx
    Options
    So im home and its been 6hrs since i ate :) feeling hungry so as glass or 2 of water will have to to the trick!

To say im lookin forward to my next meal would be a understatement :bigsmile:
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    So im home and its been 6hrs since i ate :) feeling hungry so as glass or 2 of water will have to to the trick!

To say im lookin forward to my next meal would be a understatement :bigsmile:

I ate both my meals within 4 hours today haha, so I'm gona have fasted longer than normal, I just drink caffeine (Pepsi max) and lots of water and my hunger never exists, :D
  • xxhawk68xx
    Options
    Pepsi Max!! :explode: :explode: ha ha ha
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

Whats wrong with that?! :D
  • xxhawk68xx
    Options

Everything ;) especially when i work for Coca cola ha ha ha ha
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

Haha, I love Pepsi Max, best drink on the PLANET! ;-)
  • xxhawk68xx
    Options

Haha, I love Pepsi Max, best drink on the PLANET! ;-)

Me "I'd like a Coke." Waiter:"Is Pepsi ok?" Me: "Is Monopoly money ha ha ha
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Hahaha I get your point :-P
  • Traveezy
    Options
    are your meals supposed to be split equally for IF? or is it whatever you want to do as long as its in a 8 hour window? like today my diary is a little off I will update it after I post this but my second meal was much bigger. but first was at noonish and second right now so its a 6 hour window.