Poll: How do you label yourself?

Options
I am interested in seeing how we all label ourselves. If you'd like to please share the labels you use to describe your gender identity AND your sexual orientation.

My sexual orientation: 99.7% lesbian
My gender identity: mostly female, gender molasses (as opposed to gender fluid. I'm fluid but move around very slowly.)

Replies

• Fiore13
    Fiore13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm gender fluid (but love the gender molasses image). I have relationships with whatever I crave at the time, no excuses, no apologies...
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I got nothing here. But then I hate labeling myself.
  • curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm loathe to try and label myself because every time I do, it seems to change... my gender identity seems pretty fixed, but my sexuality seems to shift around the continuum a lot :/ love the molasses imagery, too!
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Lesbian. Except for Daniel Craig. For him? Anything.
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Queer woman. Usually fiercely femme, but a little dapper-curious.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My gf told me the other day that we are both rather femme (this was after we met a couple with both partners who identified as butch). I had to laugh because I am such an eclectic mess that I don't know if there are any labels that could contain me. I have a buzz haircut, but I wear skirts. I almost never wear makeup but you won't catch me without dangly earrings. I don't fix things - I would probably break them more than they already were. I like to shop for about 10 minutes, then I am done.

I am so glad I don't have to fit into any particular box because I sure don't!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I say I'm "mostly straight" (female). I have had a few casual and one more serious same-sex relationships in the past, but I'm married to a man and love it. If he had been a woman, I would have married her, too. :smile:

I'm just here because I'm an ally. :) I fiercely support equal treatment under the law of ALL LGBTQ people.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I would say i'm about 65% leaning lesbian and about 35% straight. I LOVE my woman. Girls that "pass" but are super tough and/or sassy. I love the androgyny of the personality but I like my girls on the more girly end. Just like my girl ;)

Guys - I do find the super attractive. Like woof at the v line damn. I love that scruff too. However, i almost view as a play thing. Not sure if i'd be able to have a super serious relationship with them.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of people I don't like to label myself but when I'm asked, I label myself pansexual. I always have to explain what that means but I think it's important for the type of people I'm surrounded by. I live and work on a reservation and I'm not saying that all reservations are the same but a majority of the people I'm around find it almost appaling when someone dates/marries a non-Native. Because then no matter who I'm dating, if I bring them around and the person is not what they were expecting, they'll just be like, "Well, it is Sarah."

I like my women on the boi/butch side and I don't like scruffy guys though. I like them to be a little bit more pretty. I love androgeny.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm a lesbian. My gender is mostly woman, but I don't mind feeling more masculine at times. My gender presentation would be masculine if it weren't for these feminine features lol.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Will be posting later. Cannot brain right now.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bisexual female here. I like my girls girly (although I prefer them to be geeks, nerds, and/or tomboy-ish) and my men manly (I prefer them to be the same height as me or taller, with about 50% more mass). I like to look at androgynous people, but I'm usually not attracted to them. The gender binary is aesthetically pleasing to me, but I hate it when it's forced on people or they feel that they need to conform.

My sexuality has shifted quite a bit in my life so far. When I was pre-puberty I was attracted to girls exclusively, but chose not to pursue relationships of any kind due to my upbringing and surroundings. At puberty I found out I could get attention from men, so I shifted to them for a while. When I'm in a relationship with a man, I tend to not have sexual feelings about other men at all, becoming drawn to women instead. This makes for wonderful people watching with my husband.

I present quite feminine most of the time, but I have a lot of somewhat masculine interests and mannerisms. I love shopping for lingerie, but otherwise don't spend a lot of money on clothes. I hate shoes (except boots and Vibram Five Fingers), and wear minimal jewelry. I rarely ever wear makeup unless it's on Halloween or when I'm going clubbing, which is my excuse to have Halloween once every couple of months.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Gay.

Gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay.

I spent too damned many years at the back of the damned closet that almost sucked out my soul, and took my life from me to be anything other than what I am. A proud and now out gay man. The last 3 years since coming out have been the happiest and best years of my life. I am a gay man. Loud and proud.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Lesbian. Woman. Have always been very firm and confident in those "labels". I don't fit (or like) femme/butch terms. Many lesbians would call me femme, though. I feel more "athletic/healthy/sporty".
  • oddawa1974
    oddawa1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lesbian. I consider myself a woman. I love being a woman. I see myself as fem, maybe a little tomboyish. Other people look at me and automatically assume lesbian. That just gets me....what is it that makes me stand out as lesbian? Well...if the shoe fits.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Pansexual.
    When I was younger I identified as bisexual.
    I'm 92% female... haha. Very rarely do I feel manly.
    I'm married to a straight male.
    I feel as though if we didn't have our daughter we wouldn't have gotten married though.
    I wouldn't say I'm particularly happy.
  • sirtxt
    sirtxt Posts: 39
    Options
    I am...
    100% male
    100% gay
    95% Top
    and
    100% Dom - I am a vicious leather kinky Dom

hence my nick - SirTxT

John
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am Female. I am femme. I am lesbian with straight tendancies... I like to be girly and wear girly clothes. But I like to wear mens colonge and smoke cigars and drink whiskey..

I like my women to be able to go "either way". For example, my girlfriend now, Sometimes wears mens clothing, but has her hair, nails, and make up done. Or sometimes shes very fem in tight jeans and heels..

I prefer women when it comes to relationships and sex. I like to date around with men and find they are better for me as casual encounters or friends.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, that's a bit of a tough one for me because I'm not super sure myself.
    I'd say Bi, maybe 55% lesbian 45% straight.

As for gender I have a serious question.
    I am a girl. I was born a girl and have always felt I'm a girl. But I'm also a very bad at being a girl. I wear t-shirts and jeans and am awful at putting on makeup, but I have long hair and I'm short and shy and like cute clothing but look bad in it. I see people saying stuff like, "well I'm a tomboy, so I guess I'm 80% female". AND THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TO CALL ANYONE OUT OR UPSET ANYONE, but that doesn't seem like gender identity at all. It's not feeling like a man so much as feeling like you don't fit the societal standards. I don't know, what do you guys think?